IGNORED

Angel Fire Burner - 12 hour DH race - This Saturday

https://www.angelfireresort.com/event/return-of-the-burner/

Leaving for Angelfire tomorrow afternoon, and I registered for the Burner DH race this Saturday 6/22..

12 hours to do 15 laps, fastest accumulative time for all 15 laps wins -  

5 laps-Track 1: World Cup
5 laps-Track 2: Angel’s Plunge to Lemonade to Pinball to Candyland
5 laps-Track 3: Diesel to Duke to Lazy Susan to Combi to Lower Diesel to Boulder Dash

ive never even done 15 laps in one day before I don't think, much less every single lap at race pace!

god have mercy on my bike and body! yeehaw!

• Like 2

Me and a buddy raced the 12hr RedBull final decent at Angel Fire back in 2010.  It was as many laps was possible in 12hrs (9am-9pm).  I think I ended up with 19....and my buddy did 22 (and earned himself 10th place).  I'VE NEVER BEEN SO SORE THE NEXT DAY!  EVAR!!!

Oh and I think he'll get much more than 4 laps in before mechanical failure.  I'd place my bet at 8 if he's charging....

Later, -CJB

• Like 1

You've got it, man - I turned in 31 laps the year World Cup was the course for Final Descent (though a few of those were recovery laps on Diesel).  THAT is why I couldn't care less if I ever see that trail again.  You'll have an advantage with the race being in June.  Final Descent was in October, so the last 2 hours or so were at night.  Pretty sketchy.

• Like 1