IGNORED

More of the pussification of 'merica.

TheX

Poor junior, how will he ever move past this HORRIBLE event?

A restaurant staffer at the University of Minnesota was reported to the campus bias response team recently -- for the mistake for saying “hello” in Japanese to an Asian-American student.

The greeting by the female employee reportedly confused the student and the staffer then asked the student where they were from. It remained unclear if the employee was Japanese.

“Wisconsin,” the student replied, prompting the employee to laugh it off and wish the student a good day.

But the student was apparently offended by the interaction and urged the campus's bias response team to address such “microaggressions” and other acts of what the student viewed as "implicit bias."

“These type of microaggressions occur too often on campus,” wrote the student who submitted the complaint. “This implicit bias needs to be addressed.”

The bias team reportedly acted immediately and referred the incident to the restaurant's management. The student, meanwhile, was referred to the campus “Ethical Advocate Program” in the event if they “want to talk further about the experience.”

Again, they all go back to the original "college fix.com" story. Fox is not even doing its own homework.

Collegefix is associated with Ben Shapiro and calls itself "your daily dose of right minded news." (emphasis is theirs, not mine.)

If this is a lawsuit then it would be public. 

Apparently this IS a lawsuit with Shapiro and the U: https://www.mndaily.com/article/2019/02/brshapiro

So all of this stinks as fake news:

1. No actual names

2. No actual dates (other than 'fall of 2018'')

3. All lawsuits are public record and one should be able to find data fairly easily

So I would say that this is not true unless you can provide some real data that ties to an actual incident with actual details. Notice how there is a VERY detailed description of the conversation but ZERO detail on the location, date, names, etc. - you know, the stuff that would exist in a lawsuit.

All of this looks fake unless you can provide some actual data.

Seems like the only "micro aggression" that involves the U is Ben Shapiro who is suing the school. My guess is the college fix story is a simply fabricated to help sell a narrative, not something that really happened.

• Like 3

Well, you are right on that count. vSeems that Shapiro is continually triggered by micro aggressions and turns to the court to resolve his hurt feelings.

However, the whole UM story does not really fit any truth because there does not seem to be any detail to back it up. I would say that is a category of "people want to believe it because it fits their narrative, even without any evidence to back it up."

• Like 5

As a person with a education and professional background in newspaper journalism, that whole thing reeks of fake news. I admit my own bias, but sources matter. Every source is subject to some bias because they are human, but some are worse than others.

Hot take: Rightwing fake news is more prevalent than left-wing fake news because more conservative audience leans older and less inclined to engage in critical thinking.

• Like 3

For example, lots of my old, conservative relatives were over the moon for the headline "FBI AGENT SUSPECTED IN HILLARY EMAIL LEAKS FOUND DEAD IN APPARENT MURDER-SUICIDE" in 2016, right before the election. It was reported first in the Denver Guardian. It took me ten seconds to research the Denver Guardian and point out the error, but those people did not care one bit that the article and the entire source were 100% bullshit.

• Like 3

As a person with a education and professional background in newspaper journalism, that whole thing reeks of fake news. I admit my own bias, but sources matter. Every source is subject to some bias because they are human, but some are worse than others.
Hot take: Rightwing fake news is more prevalent than left-wing fake news because more conservative audience leans older and less inclined to engage in critical thinking.
Are you admitting to be biased against older people?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

On 6/20/2019 at 11:51 AM, mack_turtle said:

Said differently: 

Fox News.jpg

On 6/20/2019 at 11:51 AM, mack_turtle said:

As a person with an education......😋

• Like 2
  • Haha 2