IGNORED

Describing a trail as "technical" or something else?

There is a new trail that has a hundred yard section on it that I was challenged to describe to someone. It is rocky, but large rocks, not baby heads. But not ledges either. So there really isn't any technical skills involved to traverse it. The skill or challenge is really only picking a line to stay on top of the line of rocks and not fall into a crevice. Not exactly a natural skinny, but being able to balance helps.

What do you call that kind of trail? Is it "technical" or is there another term?

2 hours ago, The Tip said:

There is a new trail that has a hundred yard section on it that I was challenged to describe to someone. It is rocky, but large rocks, not baby heads. But not ledges either. So there really isn't any technical skills involved to traverse it. The skill or challenge is really only picking a line to stay on top of the line of rocks and not fall into a crevice. Not exactly a natural skinny, but being able to balance helps.

What do you call that kind of trail? Is it "technical" or is there another term?

I call it Wookie Way

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think that you’re talking about something technical when it takes that long to describe it. There can be varying degrees of difficulty/technicality, however. There’s a rocky/watery part on Peddlers Pass East at Brushy that I don’t consider difficult at all but I’d say it’s technical. 

22 hours ago, The Tip said:

technical

44 minutes ago, Anita Handle said:

I believe that in mountain biking, as in plumbing, if one needs stay on a certain path to avoid falling into an undesirable crack, this task is considered to be a technical one.

Oh the horrors you've painted with that remark.

Images of falling down a plumber's crack.

On 6/24/2019 at 5:26 PM, The Tip said:

Sounds like Somebody Else's Problem. 😄