IGNORED

Latest Thoughts on Bar Width?

2 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

It's almost 2 years now.  Anyone that changed bars or width have updates?  

recently cut the wife's bars down on her XC bike from 750mm to 720mm and shortened the stem from 55 to 45mm. She said she's getting less wrist/shoulder pain and not as wary of tree gates as before. Park bike is still 760mm but she's having to wrangle a 35lb 180mm bike with them.

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 1

I remain at 760 for my trail FS and 720 for my SS. Basically there are almost no tree gates that I have to worry about, the 760 is tight in a few places but I can get by without breaking my flow. the 800mm bars seem to be too big, when I rode 780's I felt like I was hanging over my stem.

• Like 1

I have tried wider bars a few times.  I installed some 760 bars on my personal bike.  I ended up with hand fatigue and pain.  I reinstalled my old 720 bars and my hands were glad.  I couldn't figure it out.  Both bars had the exact same sweep and were angled the same way.  

• Like 1

I gave my 800 bars a solid year before cutting them down…all the way to 790!

I might cut them down again another 10mm. You can always cut more off, you can’t really add it back on as easily. I like them wide, I just need them fit between the treegates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...