IGNORED

And another one bites the dust

Maybe it was there before, or maybe it was some hot runs down Spider Mtn. But my "new" rear triangle is cracked in not one, but two places! Anybody have a 130-160mm frame and fork laying around so I can transfer the drivetrain?[emoji16]ab542a9e11ef5c130e4d67d878289678.jpgbbde68a5dc94cfe04eb1925f620701c5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Has anyone ever worked out a scoring system between Shinerider and Seth to determine who has done the most frame carnage? :classic_wink:

I'm pretty sure Shinerider is in the lead overall, but there could be comparable categories like "Frames Cracked Per Year" and "Other Parts Destroyed" that might provide some interesting data that could be used for historical charting, or creating a betting pool. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ridenfool said:

Has anyone ever worked out a scoring system between Shinerider and Seth to determine who has done the most frame carnage? :classic_wink:

I'm pretty sure Shinerider is in the lead overall, but there could be comparable categories like "Frames Cracked Per Year" and "Other Parts Destroyed" that might provide some interesting data that could be used for historical charting, or creating a betting pool. :classic_biggrin:

I'm in a Fantasy DH league, so this would fit nicely.  Work up the metrics and I'm in for the league.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AustinBike said:

I have noticed a distinct difference between 2019 and 2004-2010. Anybody remember how back then someone was breaking a frame once a week? Seems like the industry got its act together and we have better bikes. Chuck and Seth notwithstanding.

Now there are a bunch more carbon bikes. I'm not sure how that translates exactly because carbon obviously breaks too. 

4 hours ago, Ridenfool said:

nah, they'd be in different classes. Chuck would be representing the vintage class and Seth the carbon and DH classes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Anita Handle said:

This is just prolonging the pain. We all know that the combo of Chuck, centex gnar and lift assisted riding means that he will destroy any XC frame he gets his hands on.

There is something to be said for consistency!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Anita Handle said:

nah, they'd be in different classes. Chuck would be representing the vintage class and Seth the carbon and DH classes.

A $ per month replacement cost in breakages might be an interesting comparison. Somebody run some numbers -- I'll drop em into Tableau!

4 minutes ago, TAF said:

A $ per month replacement cost in breakages might be an interesting comparison. Somebody run some numbers -- I'll drop em into Tableau!

Don't forget to account for the fact that losses on the bike side of Chuck's ledger lead to revenues for his art production venture!

• Like 1