IGNORED

And another one bites the dust

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2019 at 4:15 PM, Shinerider said:

And Taco even mentioned that it was creaking, but he thought it was the front triangle!

It appears my original post got overridden.

So, to sum everything up:

I tore down Taco's frame and extracted the rear triangle.  I tore down my frame to extract the rear triangle.  I was busy cleaning the new triangle in all the little crevices when I spied something familiar.

20190713_160348_resized.thumb.jpg.3e7ffff85f76c045b7780492bdad2959.jpg

So, I decided to say fukit and put the old traingle back onto the bike (because it has a thru axle) and live with the creak.

Depending on what size you ride, I think Canfield has some Riot (now called Toir) frames left.  They're pretty solid and a good ride.   They were 1k for frame/shock (or 100 more if you wanted coil).  If you wanted to try one out, I have a medium built up.   A bit more expensive than you might want, but they are pretty damn solid so I wanted to mention it.

Thanks all for the suggestions.  I will have to check some of them out.  deadtokevin - I looked but couldn't find it.

But, I did find Velorangutan's Devinci Troy on sale for $2700 and another older one for $1700.  Anybody know who "pittzer" is on Pinkbike?

Edited by Shinerider

5 hours ago, Shinerider said:

Thanks all for the suggestions.  I will have to check some of them out.  deadtokevin - I looked but couldn't find it.

But, I did find Velorangutan's Devinci Troy on sale for $2700 and another older one for $1700.  Anybody know who "pittzer" is on Pinkbike?

Yeah, I think I know him (front yard looks familiar). Ping me tonight and I will share my guess.