IGNORED

What ya drinkin? Share your thoughts on Beer, Wine, and Spirits!

throet

On 7/3/2019 at 8:30 PM, throet said:

Paired wonderfully tonight with Chilean Sea Bass and topped off with bread pudding at Freda's. 

buckethead.png

Arguably it pairs with everything. If there is something it does not pair with, dispense of that item and just have bucket head. For me it is the "drink at home beer" because it packs a punch.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Arguably it pairs with everything. If there is something it does not pair with, dispense of that item and just have bucket head. For me it is the "drink at home beer" because it packs a punch.

They also have it on tap at Kerbey Lane on William Cannon. Pairs great with breakfast. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Tried a few new beers over the past couple of days that I hadn't had before:

1. St. Arnold Divine Reserve - worth finishing the bottle but definitely not worth buying a 6-pack at that price, at least not for my taste. 

2. Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA - really tasty to me. Reminded me of the New Belgium Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPA that I drink frequently only a little smoother.

3. Lagunitas Hop Stoopid - nice hoppy ale with a pretty good kick, but prefer their Little Sumpin' over this one.   

• Like 2

I picked up some Real Ale Skullberry strawberry milkshake IPA yesterday. Fruit and creamy are usually not qualities I look for in an IPA, but I was feeling adventurous. Surprisingly good, although I have to say my expectations weren't that high to begin with. One of those beers that you really enjoy the first one, but then order something different for the next one (or six).

20190609_151457.jpg

Photo credit and a review: http://tommylikesbeer.blogspot.com/2019/06/real-ale-skullberry-strawberry.html

• Like 3

4 hours ago, notyal said:

I picked up some Real Ale Skullberry strawberry milkshake IPA yesterday. Fruit and creamy are usually not qualities I look for in an IPA, but I was feeling adventurous. Surprisingly good, although I have to say my expectations weren't that high to begin with. One of those beers that you really enjoy the first one, but then order something different for the next one (or six).

20190609_151457.jpg

Photo credit and a review: http://tommylikesbeer.blogspot.com/2019/06/real-ale-skullberry-strawberry.html

Tried a sixer of this about a month ago. It was ok.

I recently tried a Dogfish Head Super Eight and was surprised I actually liked it. Not as refreshing as their Sea Quench, but still pretty good.

• Like 1

As I mentioned earlier, I enjoy a barrel aged stouts. So this is the scene nearly every Thursday before and after the Oskar Blues Walnut ride:

20190307_210901.thumb.jpg.b24226d8ca86261b1d0198f9dfeee28a.jpg

Jessica likes some fruity IPA, typically Can-O-Bliss. And I almost always get the Barrel Aged Ten Fidy. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

Smoothest IPA I’ve ever had.

That's because it's just a Pale Ale not an India Pale Ale (IPA). Still a great beer though and I believe you can get it at Randalls most of the time. Their Inversion IPA is pretty smooth too though. 

• Like 2

On 8/2/2019 at 8:20 PM, jcarneytx said:

HEB. Parmer/McNeil. You can use Dogfish Head's Fishfinder to locate where it might be close to you. https://www.dogfish.com/brewery/fishfinder

Quite a few places have it locally.

Thats awesome! I checked availability on that site a few months ago and there was nothing in tejas. looks like it finally made its way here. have to grab some

This is the best "craft" light beer i have had up to now

https://lagunitas.com/beer/daytime