IGNORED

What ya drinkin? Share your thoughts on Beer, Wine, and Spirits!

throet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sure feels like summer out there. As such,  chose these brews for Sunday football today. I've always enjoyed the Big Wave, especially with salty snacks. First time trying the Gold Cliff though. It's flavorful but smooth with just a hint of pineapple. 

IMAG2701.jpg

Edited by throet
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Wife and I went hard in WV so been on the wagon for a little over three weeks. Gonna try and keep the momentum going until the banduro. After that, it's "no remember November" 🤣.  On the bright side, lost 5lbs just from not drinking.

Been grabbing these at specs for the old man aches.

IMG_20190918_195545468.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Wife and I went hard in WV so been on the wagon for a little over three weeks. Gonna try and keep the momentum going until the banduro. After that, it's "no remember November" [emoji1787].  On the bright side, lost 5lbs just from not drinking.
Been grabbing these at specs for the old man aches.
img][img]
IMG_20190918_195545468.thumb.jpg.6031db8cfcd951f36ef3f16c89da6956.jpg
How is that working out for the aches ?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Cafeend said:

How is that working out for the aches ?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Seemed a bit placebo as it's only 20mg per can and we should be taking in around 60mg daily. At $4 each that'd add up quick so we're sticking to it as a good substitute for sober october. If you'd like to check them out, Spec's carries them. The orange and the red labels ones are our favorites.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

How's the weight coming off on October for you?  I'm not doing the 100% sober part, but definitely limiting to one drink or none per day* and the weight is coming off fast!

Haven't weighed myself since week 2 and i lost 5lbs doing nothing else but abstaining. I wasnt grossly overweight but all my bottoms are size 34s, that were loose in 2018 were getting too tight. That was the daily motivation to lay off. Plus having to haul an extra 10lbs up the hill is no fun🤣

Think the biggest impact for us is the snacking when we drink. I just want to eat chips/peanuts or whatever when im drinking and that contributes too.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, taco_junkie said:

Death by coconut! I have to go find that. Was it at HEB or somewhere easy?

I saw it at HEB yesterday. Excellent beer. Right up there with Stone Xocoveza as one the the best cold weather beers on the market IMO. Unfortunately, they’re priced accordingly to that which forces me to limit my intake of them every winter. 

Edited by bestbike85
  • Like 2

I didn’t save the name of a mezcal I just bought a bottle of, took to work and it was gone in no time.  I’ll post up when I figure it out, but I’m also going to pick up the nicer bottle from the same distiller (wasnt going to spend $75 or $120 to share it!).  

Also this Brut IPA from Brenham.  It’s definitely a dry IPA

6AC930B9-2187-465B-AA4C-30323D5947D8.jpeg

Edited by AntonioGG
  • Like 1