IGNORED

What ya drinkin? Share your thoughts on Beer, Wine, and Spirits!

throet

If I'm traveling, I tend to bring a go-bar with me. A typical go-bar is a handle of WT101, a bottle of Laphroaig 10, and probably a rye of some type. 

Jessica and I spent xmas at BBRSP. After three nights at the Mining Company, we drove to the other side of the Solitario for a night of camping at the park's most remote site, Tres Papalotes. Laphroaig makes for a killer campfire dram. 

Laphing at the moon.JPG

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Picked some of this up on the way home today. Great spin on the traditional IPA without the "i just ate a rear view mirror air freshener" aftertaste.

IMG_20200131_171457529.jpg

Ooh!  I've only ever had one other Brut IPA and I liked it.   I love to try everything form Real Ale.  Where did you pick this up?

I like almost anything from Real Ale.  In fact, I can only think of the Swifty as their only beer I don't like.  Can't wait for them to invent a Brut de Brut!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

Ooh!  I've only ever had one other Brut IPA and I liked it.   I love to try everything form Real Ale.  Where did you pick this up?

I like almost anything from Real Ale.  In fact, I can only think of the Swifty as their only beer I don't like.  Can't wait for them to invent a Brut de Brut!

Of all places, HEB Bastrop. It's probably in all of them and spec's, but that was the first time i could try it out as a single ($2). Real Ale has some great stuff, especially for the money. I used their Black Quad to season a new oak barrel for a whiskey project. Wee Heavy is just bad ass for the price too!

Have you checked out Vista Brewing yet? Have a buddy that works there and they are doing some great stuff. 

https://vistabrewingtx.com/destination-beer/

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

Just picked some up at Randall's along with a Bomber 6-mix. Both on sale!

IMAG2747.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/31/2020 at 1:07 PM, bestbike85 said:

Near impossible to find in Austin, so I stock up when in Louisiana.

Odd, I leave BT on the shelf all the time in Austin. You see it on the reg' at a lot of smaller stores, but it isn't common at TW or Specs. I'm not a huge fan, so I don't generally get it. But I do occasionally find BT single barrel picks that I enjoy. Recently Specs had a spectacular one.

7 hours ago, Barry said:

Odd, I leave BT on the shelf all the time in Austin. You see it on the reg' at a lot of smaller stores, but it isn't common at TW or Specs. I'm not a huge fan, so I don't generally get it. But I do occasionally find BT single barrel picks that I enjoy. Recently Specs had a spectacular one.

I’ll have to branch out a bit more if that’s the case. I’m a big believer that BT is the best bourbon on the market for sub $30. 

15 hours ago, bestbike85 said:

I’m a big believer that BT is the best bourbon on the market for sub $30.

I do enjoy it, but I'd much rather pick up a WT101, Maker's Mark, or OGD114.

15 hours ago, bestbike85 said:

I’ll have to branch out a bit more if that’s the case.

Yeah, stop by Oak Liquor Cabinet, various Deb's, and other little stores as you drive by them. You'll certainly find BT and even Eagle Rare at or near MSRP on occasion. I even see Blanton's, W12 and Old Weller Antique sometimes...although not as often as I did 2 years ago.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bestbike85 said:

I’m a big believer that BT is the best bourbon on the market for sub $30. 

This is my favorite under $30 but I usually opt to pay a little more and get Gentleman Jack or Makers Mark. Haven't tried the BT but may give it a try some time. 

image.thumb.png.4f81d27e5620c9d04824250858d4628e.png

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, throet said:

This is my favorite under $30 but I usually opt to pay a little more and get Gentleman Jack or Makers Mark.

Since it seems you like the TN whiskey style, I'd like to highly suggest you grab a bottle of JD Single Barrel Barrel Proof. You can find them most anywhere for $55. It's a spectacular value and they're actually one of the better widely available --ahem-- bourbons on the market. 

• Like 2