IGNORED

What ya drinkin? Share your thoughts on Beer, Wine, and Spirits!

throet

3 hours ago, Barry said:

Since it seems you like the TN whiskey style, I'd like to highly suggest you grab a bottle of JD Single Barrel Barrel Proof. You can find them most anywhere for $55. It's a spectacular value and they're actually one of the better widely available --ahem-- bourbons on the market. 

I'm going to definitely try that JD SBBP. I hadn't really even thought about the Tennessee vs. Kentucky thing but I do occasionally drink this one from Bulleit and like it a lot too. I have however given up on the Canadian stuff ever since you shamed me for drinking Pendleton 1910. 😉 

image.thumb.png.625c8068a70b15830b3aecd44baf85e1.png

Edited by throet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/7/2020 at 12:53 PM, Barry said:

Since it seems you like the TN whiskey style, I'd like to highly suggest you grab a bottle of JD Single Barrel Barrel Proof. You can find them most anywhere for $55. It's a spectacular value and they're actually one of the better widely available --ahem-- bourbons on the market. 

Ok I just got back from Oak Liquor Cabinet and picked up some of that JD barrel proof.  Just waiting for the last kid to go to bed so I can enjoy it in peace.  Also picked up some more pricey mezcal.  Looking forward to trying that some other time.

• Like 2

Having been low carb for a couple years, we've stayed clear of sushi, sadly.

Last night we decided to go big and get sushi and went to Musashino, which has the best traditional sushi in town.

We ordered a couple of Sapporo drafts. ICE COLD DRAFTS. Holy crap. I had not had a Sapporo in a couple years and really missed it. It tasted like being back in Tokyo. After years of craft beers it was really refreshing to have a Sapporo. I have missed you my friend.

• Like 3

Wife and I had to make trip to san marcos and decided to hit up the new brewery while there. Following Vista's lead, Roughhouse  Brewing is definitely a step up in venues for breweries with a great building, outdoor stage , decent food and some tasty beers on tap. Definitely worth checking out if you're in the area and the flight is huge for the $.

http://roughhousebrewing.com/

Liked the Ona the most followed by the Sordid and IPA

IMG_20200208_165753128_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200208_170554992.jpg

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

Nice! We end up there a couple times a month. Have you tried the Stillage yet?

I've never been.  My mom, my wife and my mother in law have been there and they brought me back stuff.  My mother in law lives very close by so she brings us some for special occasions. I don't remember exactly what I've tried.  I need to go and sample more of their stuff.

12 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

I've never been.  My mom, my wife and my mother in law have been there and they brought me back stuff.  My mother in law lives very close by so she brings us some for special occasions. I don't remember exactly what I've tried.  I need to go and sample more of their stuff.

Was at wheatsville on S Lamar this week and they had stillage and a few others on the shelf. TXkeeper hooked up with a distributor a year or so ago and now can be found in HEB, Specs ETC. If you try the stillage, lemme know what you think. 

Also, if you want some off the shelf boozy goodness, specs has this in stock and it is DAMN good.

https://www.holidaywinecellar.com/p-28032-moonlight-meadery-them-little-apples-cider-can.aspx

• Like 1