IGNORED

What ya drinkin? Share your thoughts on Beer, Wine, and Spirits!

throet

Not a bad beer but can't really recommend it over some of the other porters out there. I was attracted to the stylish can and only later discovered it is named after the location in the book repository where "the shot" came from. Sort of a morbid way to name a beer. 

IMAG2783.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, throet said:

Not a bad beer but can't really recommend it over some of the other porters out there. I was attracted to the stylish can and only later discovered it is named after the location in the book repository where "the shot" came from. Sort of a morbid way to name a beer. 

IMAG2783.jpg

and just like the repository, oswald isn't there..................

sorry, i'll see my way out😁

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, throet said:

IMAG2783.jpg

Their 9 Volt triple is pretty good.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, throet said:

IMAG2783.jpg

Actually like this one quite a bit. I use a couple of the ceramic/pottery 28oz bombers for growlers/bottle conditioning homebrew. 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 8:39 PM, taco_junkie said:

Pendleton 1910 Rye. Good frickin drink for the $

image.thumb.png.83bf434077156ff2da3612df1aacbed8.png

This used to be my go to for smooth sipping but somebody on this forum helped me recognize that something was missing. I've since discovered Ryes that have better complexity and character, with the smoothness coming once the ice starts to melt a bit. I'm still an on-the-rocks guy though and will likely never go neat.  

Edited by throet

Not my thing, but I did get a can of Slow & Low once just to check it out. Not because I'm a big fan of bottled (can'd, in this case) cocktails, but because I'm a huge fan of Cooper Spirits' other efforts. Mostly they're known for keeping Alberta rye from being blended and proofed down to Canadian rubbish. They (like WhistlePig and a couple others) rescue Alberta distilled whisky from this fate, and sell it to us. These are some of my real goods (apocalypse ready) from Cooper Spirits: 

20200314_213755.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Barry said:

Not my thing, but I did get a can of Slow & Low once just to check it out. Not because I'm a big fan of bottled (can'd, in this case) cocktails, but because I'm a huge fan of Cooper Spirits' other efforts. Mostly they're known for keeping Alberta rye from being blended and proofed down to Canadian rubbish. They (like WhistlePig and a couple others) rescue Alberta distilled whisky from this fate, and sell it to us. These are some of my real goods (apocalypse ready) from Cooper Spirits: 

20200314_213755.jpg

Nice choice! Big fan of rye based spirits. Have you tried the still rye gin ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ATXZJ said:

Nice choice! Big fan of rye based spirits. Have you tried the still rye gin ?

I haven't. I bet my wife would dig it though. There are a few flavors I can't personally handle... these flavors are hops (IPAs), juniper (gin), and anise/licorice (...in drinks anyway, like absinthe or ouzo, but I can tolerate anise in small amounts in sausage or sauce).

2 hours ago, taco_junkie said:

Wow. I've been busy and missed this post because there is a lot going on here.

1) LH Milk Stout is one of my favorites and didn't know they had a PB version. Amazing!

2) The pineapple...

1) it’s excellent 

2) the sugars tend to settle in the bottom of the pineapple, so it is a regular thing to leave upside down over night before cutting to spread the sweetness throughout.

and we bang our neighbors. 

Edited by bestbike85
  • Haha 2