IGNORED

What ya drinkin? Share your thoughts on Beer, Wine, and Spirits!

throet

What's going on with my taste buds? Over the past couple of years I completely gravitated to really hoppy beers (mostly IPAs) and couldn't get enough. Now suddenly I'm just not enjoying them anymore. I'm leaning towards stouts, quadrupels, bourbon barrel ales, scotch ales, etc. Anybody else gone through this? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, throet said:

What's going on with my taste buds? Over the past couple of years I completely gravitated to really hoppy beers (mostly IPAs) and couldn't get enough. Now suddenly I'm just not enjoying them anymore. I'm leaning towards stouts, quadrupels, bourbon barrel ales, scotch ales, etc. Anybody else gone through this? 

Monthly/weekly. I can buy something and love it and a month later, can't be bothered.  At some point I just get tired of beer and go back to drinking cava or spirits on the rocks.

Barleywine, quads, doubles, and scotch ales have been pretty steady for me too.

In the end, it's booze so I'm down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, throet said:

I'm more extreme.  I can enjoy that first IPA, but the second one may taste too bitter for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, throet said:

From 2012 to 2016 I spent on average of $500 a month trading and drinking the “best” beers in the country, at least per craft beer lists. I know this because I still have the excels. Now, couldn’t care less. I go to HEB and build a 6er of shiners and local Texas offering I’ve never had and I’m tickled pink. 

Can be taste buds that change, financial situations, or just desire to even want beer at all. No matter what you like what you like, but more importantly, you like it when you like it. 

Don’t worry too much about it. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, throet said:

I think we all go through phases. I no longer drink as many IPAs, more stouts and porters. But then I have a good IPA and it tastes so good. Variety is the spice of life. Oh, also hops are.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

Let's just say that 100 proof Smirnoff might not be the *best* tasting vodka, but in today's world it is pretty medicinal. Not my preferred sippin' vodka, but sometimes you need a freight train when a sports car won't do.

I bought a bunch of cheap beer for that reason. I probably should have doubled it, though. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bestbike85 said:

Damn! BA Mocha Legion has got to be off the charts! I recall a Jamaican rum barrel Legion a couple years back that I thought snuck into my top 5 beer group. Always been a community fan. 

Community mosaic is a great IPA as well if you like the hoppy stuff.

• Like 1