IGNORED

What ya drinkin? Share your thoughts on Beer, Wine, and Spirits!

throet

3 hours ago, Chief said:

Hardly tastes like there's any alcohol in it

That usually gets me in trouble!!

We usually make our margaritas with nothing but simple syrup, fresh limes, and tequila.   When frozen, I make a full pitcher and throw in one of the limes whole while the others are just squeezed. The zest gives it a bit of a bitter taste which I like.  Lately we've been getting the margarita kits from Manuel's and they throw in some Cointreau or Grand Marnier so we make them like that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AustinBike said:

I have to say, boxed wine is hitting the spot. Black Box Cabernet is really doing the trick while I watch the recording of the Everton v Liverpool match.

Football is back, wine is good, and the wife is about to start on the filet mignons. Can't really complain.

Used to buy these boxes, though usually Pinot Noir. Lately, I've mostly just been drinking the Rare Blends wine I found at HEB (Rare Purple Blend, Rare Red Blend, Rare Black Blend.) Cheap, but also pretty decent.

https://www.rareblends.com/

Edited by jcarneytx

9 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

I fixed a neighbor's bike and they bought me a pack of Left Hand Milk Stout. I don't think my gut could handle the lactose if I wanted to test it. Anyone want it? I'll keep it cold.

That beer is worth a Lactaid pill if you want to try it.

• Like 3

Ain't time to go yet and I've already broken into the Go-Bar. This pour is WT101 (my 200th bottle?), but for fans of peated malts I highly recommend that spankin' new Ardbeg Wee Beastie. It just hit town early last month and this is bottle #3 already. $36 at TW!

20200626_192729.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Last night was a celebration - off all of my meds (which were only Tylenol and Advil after discharge) and feeling better.

Opened up one of these: https://www.totalwine.com/wine/red-wine/cabernet-sauvignon/gunsight-rock-cabernet-sauvignon/p/164387750

I'm a cheap ass and to me this is an expensive wine. The people that gave it to us know a lot more and called this one an "everyday wine", but either way, it was great and went well with Via 313 pizza. Life is getting back to order.

• Like 1