IGNORED

What ya drinkin? Share your thoughts on Beer, Wine, and Spirits!

throet

Had a few Dos Equis then swung by Taqueria Guadalajara for takeout fajitas and a “small” frozen margarita with my friends (pictured).

My friends and I are moving (with their mother) in 5 days. We are jazzed up about living in the mountains. We will miss Taqueria Guadalajara though. 

C9-ACB134-9-DF8-4-E75-AD03-18-BB30802-FC

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, bestbike85 said:

Had a few Dos Equis then swung by Taqueria Guadalajara for takeout fajitas and a “small” frozen margarita with my friends (pictured).

My friends and I are moving (with their mother) in 5 days. We are jazzed up about living in the mountains. We will miss Taqueria Guadalajara though. 

C9-ACB134-9-DF8-4-E75-AD03-18-BB30802-FC

cool dogs and congrats on the move. where you headed?

3 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

cool dogs and congrats on the move. where you headed?

Jefferson County Colorado. Pretty much as far south west of the greater Denver area as the front range will allow. 

Fiancé finishes grad school in 2 weeks and got a new job there, and my company has a huge office there and gave us some money to move. We talked about doing this the last couple years and there’s no better time than now. 

I honestly think we’ll end up back in central Texas before I give her a baby in a few years, but we’re going have some fun for now. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bestbike85 said:

Jefferson County Colorado. Pretty much as far south west of the greater Denver area as the front range will allow. 

Fiancé finishes grad school in 2 weeks and got a new job there, and my company has a huge office there and gave us some money to move. We talked about doing this the last couple years and there’s no better time than now. 

I honestly think we’ll end up back in central Texas before I give her a baby in a few years, but we’re going have some fun for now.

Killer

Enjoy the mountain west!

• Like 1

Looks like Henry is pissed you didn’t get him a margarita. You guys be safe up there and have an awesome time in the mountains. Looking forward to riding with you again up there or down here or anywhere we happen to meet up.

Good luck brother and congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Enjoy Hendricks as well. Have you tried the still Austin gin? Rye based and pretty tasty.

Have not tried that but we drink gin slowly and have a big bottle of Hendricks so if I put that on my list I'll probably get to it much later this year. I have heard good things about that distillery.

• Like 1

Speaking of Gin. Stopped by the small store by my house and they had this hanging out for 50% off. Surprisingly good. Wife commented that it was the first gin she preferred neat.  Also picked up this VT based cider infused with gin botanicals. Definitely unique to their style, but not bad.  Also not a cider I can drink more than a can of in one sitting. Gin bot from fairweather was probably our favorite gin cider.

IMG_20200724_185737412.thumb.jpg.30c3154c8fa842fae230329c17f5ac28.jpg

IMG_20200720_164938720.jpg

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 2

Tough handful of days packing, driving, and unpacking with little to no help, but we are 95% complete. 

Large pour of Buffalo Trace on our new balcony in the 80127. 

First ride tomorrow. Not sure which bike to ride or how I will fare. My legs and lungs are shot right now. LETS GOOOO. 

2B09E942-D5E3-4B4D-B776-27FE15489FD6.jpeg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, ATXZJ said:

Small victory celebration. Changed the needle bearing in the front diff on the tacoma today. Still got some chops.

IMG_20200802_131832900 (2).jpg

Nice!  Not much is as satisfying as a beer after fixing/maintaining your car.  I'm starting to feel OK with going back to working on my old Miata.  After doing the clutch on my Mazdaspeed3, I was too traumatized to do any significant work on the cars (the dealer charge for that was not bad considering how hard it was doing it at home.)  The Miata needs shocks, and I'm thinking I may get a full spring and shock kit.  Then I need to see what I need to do to fix the A/C.   

• Like 1

The redemption of Balcones... After their terrible young bourbon was a bust, they still have plenty of good will from me because of their malts, rye and Brimstone are spectacular.  So when I heard they were putting out a $35 young malt, I was intrigued. 

Well, Balcones Lineage did not disappoint! This is an excellent example of a American malt. It's a blend of Scottish and Texas grain, and a blend of used and new barrels. And as with most Balcones malts, the story here is big spice and fruit notes, with no young malt harshness. I highly recommend it. 

It has been out for a few weeks now, but Austin seemed behind in the distribution. Finally today I found a large number of bottles at Airport BLVD Spec's. 

Screenshot_20200810-161237_Photos.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2020 at 4:14 PM, Barry said:

The redemption of Balcones... After their terrible young bourbon was a bust, they still have plenty of good will from me because of their malts, rye and Brimstone are spectacular.  So when I heard they were putting out a $35 young malt, I was intrigued. 

Well, Balcones Lineage did not disappoint! This is an excellent example of a American malt. It's a blend of Scottish and Texas grain, and a blend of used and new barrels. And as with most Balcones malts, the story here is big spice and fruit notes, with no young malt harshness. I highly recommend it. 

It has been out for a few weeks now, but Austin seemed behind in the distribution. Finally today I found a large number of bottles at Airport BLVD Spec's. 

Screenshot_20200810-161237_Photos.jpg

Thanks to @Barry for the heads up on the lineage. Definitely a big improvement over the corn bourbon at the same pricepoint. This one's on our ballin on a budget list for sure. 

Got mine at specs 

IMG_20200811_185850856.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/8/2019 at 1:56 PM, Barry said:

I'll drink beer. I enjoy stouts or brown ale and I really like barrel aged stouts. I also enjoy a Mexican yellow beer when it is quite hot--my garage refrigerator is currently stocked with Corona. And I enjoy red wine as well. But my real love is whisk(e)y. I have around 30 open bottles and 20 or so not-yet-opened bottles at any given time. This is representative of my "opens" cabinet, but this photo is a few months old, so it isn't exactly right. 

20180317_111110.thumb.jpg.d88fe32f01dee08a3682fedf310264c7.jpg

This is a photo of my current "not-yet-opened" cabinet. 

20190706_111115.thumb.jpg.5a928e4b2c0e1e72768ba115aba61138.jpg

Phew, glad I don't have to take this photo. 

• Haha 2