IGNORED

What ya drinkin? Share your thoughts on Beer, Wine, and Spirits!

throet

On 9/27/2020 at 1:38 PM, throet said:

Believe somebody may have posted on this one previously. It's a really interesting alternative to the heavy porters. This is a blonde with some light coffee notes and a really smooth finish. Pairs really nicely with post-ride BBQ on a Sunday afternoon! 

Wake n Bake.jpg

Wake-n-Bake - words to live by! 😎

• Like 2

Nice Live Oak Oktoberfest tastes really satisfying after changing the igniter in the oven. Easy job but still a PITA getting to all the bolts and connectors. $21 versus probably $150 for a repair. Had my AC guy replace a contactor a couple weeks ago = $147. I bought a spare online for $10.16 for next time. 

IMG_20200928_182545831.jpg

• Like 4

Went hard in the paint with the oktoberfest seasonals and gained 2lbs, so I had to dial it back a bit. Girly beer will be the weapon of choice for a bit now😄

BTW, the dogfish is pretty good. Celis tastes like lonestar light

IMG_20200929_161901989.jpg

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, notyal said:

I know AXTZJ posted this one already, but MAN!! This shit is crazy. It’s like that spicy/sweet Mexican candy that I both love and hate at the same time.

Actually that was me. Yes that shit is crazy good! Not a beer I'd drink everyday, but it does have me going back for more when it's available. As for food pairing, I prefer the Atomic Pumpkin stand-alone.

I love spicy margaritas and martinis as well. Just muddle up and strain a serrano, mix it in, and you're good to go!      

• Like 3

Actually that was me. Yes that shit is crazy good! Not a beer I'd drink everyday, but it does have me going back for more when it's available. As for food pairing, I prefer the Atomic Pumpkin stand-alone.
I love spicy margaritas and martinis as well. Just muddle up and strain a serrano, mix it in, and you're good to go!      

Sorry. Gotta give credit where it’s due. I probably wouldn’t have tried this if you hadn’t of posted it. I’m glad I did.
  • Like 2

Finally got around to trying this one. A little disappointed given all of its hype, but certainly no regret over plunking down half a C for some pretty tasty stuff. Has a really wonderful nose BTW, if you're into sniffing instead of drinking, which generally I am not.

image.png.f2881c5a5753d9a07bc6128155747f7b.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, throet said:

Finally got around to trying this one. A little disappointed given all of its hype

I'm no big fan of AE bourbon.  Indeed I'm not a big fan of any finished bourbon that I've had. I generally enjoy finished malts and ryes, however...I just find finished bourbon tends to be tart/sweet.

For example I do very much enjoy AE Rye, a rum finished MGP rye. Sure it's sweet and a little goes a long way. But it is probably my favorite desert (or breakfast) whisky. 

• Like 1

Except that all of the mountain lion stories had me freaked out. When you are that far from home, that far from civilization and all by yourself, what should be a happy ride becomes a tad more concerning. Also rattlesnakes too. Didn't see any but you can't tell me there aren't any in the park.