IGNORED

What ya drinkin? Share your thoughts on Beer, Wine, and Spirits!

throet

17 minutes ago, Barry said:

Hell yeah. Both are excellent! 

I've had the JD SBBP on my list ever since you recommended it, but it took a trip over to Total Wine to finally make it happen. Already tapped that 1920 (neat) and it's going down real smooth and warm! I'm guessing both of these will become regulars for me. The dilemma now is whether I want to share either of these with extended family during Thanksgiving. Might have to just pick up a bottle of Crown Royal for them to mix with Coke ... LOL.  

Edited by throet
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, throet said:

Might have to just pick up a bottle of Crown Royal for them to mix with Coke ... LOL.  

Excellent strategy. Have the good stuff for tasting, but if they're fairly uninitiated they're like to just think these taste "hot."

Both are some of the best regularly available...uh...bourbons out there. OF 1920 is predictable and consistent. But JDSBBP is an adventure. I bet we've had 15 or more bottles since it came out about 4 years ago. They're always very good, but they range from very fruity to very oaky. You never really know what you're going to get...that part of the single barrel fun.

And another thing is the barrel pick version. Oak Liquor Cabinet currently has a barrel pick of SBBP that is massively fruity with banana and cherry notes. It's excellent! 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 6:49 PM, Barry said:

Excellent strategy. Have the good stuff for tasting, but if they're fairly uninitiated they're like to just think these taste "hot.

So I left the stash at home and just packed a selection of seasonal beers to Huntsville. Was pleasantly surprised to find that my brother-in-law was holding something I had never heard of let alone tried out. Probably not something I'd run out and buy at $55, but always nice to try a new whiskey. 

Uncle Nearest 1856 Premium Whiskey

uncle-nearest.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Browns, anybody remember this stuff? This is the beer I credit for moving me from steady doses of Keystone Light to an onslaught of mixed craft beers starting back in the late 90s. I first tasted it at a food festival and was hooked! I was regularly stocking the fridge with this stuff but also started trying any craft beer I could get my hands on, especially when traveling to different parts of the country. Apparently it is coming back and I'll be anxious to see if I still like it as much as I did 20+ years ago. 

image.thumb.png.0007db4d20b4c7c61b228032ee2688a5.png 

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/breweries/2020/10/genesee-relaunches-repackages-its-classic-honey-brown-lager.html

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

Looks like it can be had in our area.

https://www.geneseebeer.com/finder/

You have to wonder when out of state stuff becomes available here....

https://www.cspdailynews.com/beverages/north-american-breweries-changes-name-reorganizes

https://isitbigbeer.com/brand/florida-ice-and-farm-company

The Budweiser 'InBev' portfolio is frighteningly large these days. Same with Heinekin.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, throet said:

Speaking of Browns, anybody remember this stuff? This is the beer I credit for moving me from steady doses of Keystone Light to an onslaught of mixed craft beers starting back in the late 90s. I first tasted it at a food festival and was hooked! I was regularly stocking the fridge with this stuff but also started trying any craft beer I could get my hands on, especially when traveling to different parts of the country. Apparently it is coming back and I'll be anxious to see if I still like it as much as I did 20+ years ago. 

image.thumb.png.0007db4d20b4c7c61b228032ee2688a5.png 

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/breweries/2020/10/genesee-relaunches-repackages-its-classic-honey-brown-lager.html

That's from my birthtown!

I just got a 4 pack of Founders Canadian Breakfast.  It's like dessert.  11.3% ABV, wood aged, coffee, chocolate, maple syrup.

• Like 3

I don’t have Monday beers often, but I got shit done today with work so why not. Also making meatball subs. 

1. Denver beer company graham cracker porter is another all time favorite. It is not a porter, but it is an excellent brown ale. 

2. This is that beer with a hint of PB. Excellent also. 

3. Mini keg is for this weekends trip to Crested Butte. 

24-FD3151-D384-453-F-9-DD6-0-FC415-D84-F

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...