IGNORED

What ya drinkin? Share your thoughts on Beer, Wine, and Spirits!

throet

14 hours ago, GFisher said:

Meanwhile Brewing Shadow Gate Schwartzbier. Pretty tasty. Had never heard of this place but it was the only brewery open on Monday on the way back into town from riding the eastern trails (Lake Bryan and Beuscher State Park). This is a solid place. 

IMG_20201228_164608997.jpg

100%^

Stopped by there to buy some dunkel and a gift card for a buddy. Place is awesome, staff is friendly and on the ball. Heard they were from portland. Can't wait to get this covid shit behind us and spend some more time there.

Also, did you see the new pinthouse theyre building just east of 35 on 71? 

image.jpg

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 2

Staying on the local tip.

We made some killer porkchops and broke out a bottle of this rum barrel aged dark cider we'd been holding on to for a year. Pretty tasty combo. Also, anyone try this temp? I'm a sucker for a good tempranillo and this barrel aged one was surprisingly good. 

original_c4d2b08f-ca82-4f10-9f76-e91082beaea8_IMG_20201225_180729230.jpg

original_0b10dd63-0626-4c29-b57f-f05cdd8a5086_IMG_20201228_144328431.jpg

• Like 3

On 11/23/2020 at 5:53 PM, throet said:

Stocking up for the holidays

20201123_174814.jpg

With each of these bottles half gone and thoroughly enjoyed, I thought it best to seek out another for my collection before running the well dry. I did my research and had 9 bourbons on my list before heading to Total Wine. Remarkably, I worked my way down to the final bottle on my list before getting a hit. Can't say that I'm disappointed at all, but a little bit bummed that my research is yielding such a low batting average on availability. 

image.thumb.png.6d4feaa6720fa43eaf010ad3d9b8488f.png 

• Like 3

On 12/28/2020 at 6:57 PM, ATXZJ said:

100%^

Stopped by there to buy some dunkel and a gift card for a buddy. Place is awesome, staff is friendly and on the ball. Heard they were from portland. Can't wait to get this covid shit behind us and spend some more time there.

Also, did you see the new pinthouse theyre building just east of 35 on 71? 

I didn't notice the Pinthouse until I looked at Google maps. That place is doing well, it doesn't surprise me. It makes sense Meanwhile is from out of town, starting off with a top of the line facility like that.

I am getting around a fair amount now but am very conscious of covid. They had some of the best protocols I have seen. No indoor seating, can order from an outside window, glass partitions, a foot operated hand sanitizer by the inside bar, foot opener for restroom door, plenty of distanced outside seating, 100% mask compliance from what I saw, and a new one, a giant coaster of sorts on each outside table that indicated if it had been sanitized. When you sat at a table you flipped it over so it could be cleaned after you left.

Another extra step I saw was at Humble Pint Brewing in Leander (also nice with good pizza, but with fairly limited outdoor seating) was that they would put saran wrap over the credit card machine each time so you wouldn't have to actually touch it.  

I think some places are really making it about as safe as possible although we are creating a ton of extra waste in the process.

• Like 3