IGNORED

What ya drinkin? Share your thoughts on Beer, Wine, and Spirits!

throet

Down to mere scraps in my last 2 bottles of "bourbon" so decided on a border-blend of Kentucky and Tennessee to produce a double-shot, neat for my final night of frigidness. Will celebrate some sunshine tomorrow with a trip to the liquor store. 

image.png

Edited by throet
  • Like 5

48 minutes ago, throet said:

Down to mere scraps in my last 2 bottles of "bourbon" so decided on a border-blend of Kentucky and Tennessee to produce a double-shot, neat for my final night of frigidness. Will celebrate some sunshine tomorrow with a trip to the liquor store. 

image.png

Well the hell with that strategy. Shit was just too good. Found the LLS open and restocked for a second night cap. The Four Roses SB is everything I hoped for, and I'm sure that @Barry's recommended Rare Breed will be pleasurable as well. 

image.thumb.png.48211d8ad135fb2f887d0580f9cbb728.png

• Like 5

Just now, AntonioGG said:

I haven't had any of that in ages, probably since some wedding or other 15-20 years ago.  We used to drink it with coke.

Spent a lot of time at Mexican BBQs back in San Antonio. Presidente with dr pepper and lime was the order of the day back then.

Christ that combo was awful

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AustinBike said:

You should never take my wine advice as good, only affordable. I rely on the kindness of strangers when it comes to picking wine. 

It's getting consumed.  I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit more than at first and will probably get it again.  It's really unbelievable there are 3L in the little box.  Seems like a pretty green thing to do, more efficient storing and transporting as far as space.

10 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

It's getting consumed.  I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit more than at first and will probably get it again.  It's really unbelievable there are 3L in the little box.  Seems like a pretty green thing to do, more efficient storing and transporting as far as space.

Yeah, it tastes better after the second glass 🙂

The green aspect had me hooked as well. As long as I can't really tell the difference for the most part, go for the packaging that is easier to deal with, both for me and society.

• Like 3