IGNORED

What ya drinkin? Share your thoughts on Beer, Wine, and Spirits!

throet

Bolognese in the foreground (was amazing, super meaty and salty, just what I needed).  Finishing up Bentonville brewing double IPA to the right, and a Commuter Cuveé Pinot from Willamette Valley, OR in the batter’s box.  This is at The Press Room in Bentonville.  Also, the chocolate cookie may have been the best chocolate chip cookie I’ve ever had in my life.

AF14EF6E-CD0D-4861-89B2-33ED1BD45E66.jpeg

Edited by AntonioGG
I can't believe nobody called me out on mistaking Bolognese for Carbonara.
  • Like 6

On 6/22/2021 at 7:03 AM, AustinBike said:

It is criminal to post up a picture with a double IPA and mention that you are in Bentonville at the same time.

+ I had just done a ride 2-6pm in 70°F weather right after raining.  It sucked opening the door to my car once I made it back home.

11 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

OOOH!!  

Old Fashioned at HEB, Specs, Total Wine?

Spec's at the dirty southpark meadows location. Could only find in singles but on the prowl for some packs and proving very difficult to find.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 7:11 PM, throet said:

Speaking of Double IPAs, first time trying the BoomBox and it was quite good. Chased it with an Axis. Life is good!

image.thumb.png.d3d485e30ff26d31bb347e32933e9169.png

I've been digging the Boombox lately, and the Axis is a long time go-to. I just don't understand why they had to ruin that sampler pack with the Moon Walk. If they replaced that with some Lost Gold, I'd buy a bunch of those packs. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, notyal said:

I've been digging the Boombox lately, and the Axis is a long time go-to. I just don't understand why they had to ruin that sampler pack with the Moon Walk. If they replaced that with some Lost Gold, I'd buy a bunch of those packs. 

I kinda like the Moon Walk.

Admittedly, they need to start reducing the amount of ales in their inventory. There's a lot of overlap.

1 hour ago, AustinBike said:

There was a third twelve that I did not pick up. Let's just say that the first 2 are very different, and both good.

I think beer is just like wine. After a few drinks in, people can't tell much difference between offerings.

Same with spirits, especially vodka.

Edited by ATXZJ

On 7/1/2021 at 8:56 AM, ATXZJ said:

I kinda like the Moon Walk.

Admittedly, they need to start reducing the amount of ales in their inventory. There's a lot of overlap.

I bought that variety pack and re-tried the Moon Walk. I wouldn't by it alone, but it wasn't as bad as I remember. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, notyal said:

I bought that variety pack and re-tried the Moon Walk. I wouldn't by it alone, but it wasn't as bad as I remember. 

Funny enough, I tried to buy some Friday at total wine and they were sold out.

I absolutely HATE that place.

Went there early on. Their dispensing system was shit and I kept getting half foam beers, probably because I am not a professional bartender. This equals really expensive shitty pours. This is why there are professional bartenders that always get an excellent pour.

You had to put your own food orders in. We both put in our orders (correctly) and both were wrong when delivered.

Then you got your bill and the tip was hard-coded in there at 18%. I poured the beer. I took my own food order. Someone from the kitchen walked it out to me and they were hard coding 18% tip in. When I pointed this out to them they said they could manually over-ride the tip if I wanted them to but "this is how the system was set up by our software vendor..." Bullshit. And asking them to over-ride the tip just makes me THAT guy.

No thanks.

Never going back. And I recommend that nobody here ever goes there either. Maybe they have changed things since then, but if I am going out to have a beer I just want a good experience, not a do it yourself and then stick you up the butt when you are done.

Now you damn kids get off my lawn!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1