IGNORED

What ya drinkin? Share your thoughts on Beer, Wine, and Spirits!

throet

Finally got around to trying the GD BIB. It is an age-stated, 13-yr Tennessee Whisky (100 proof) for under $50. I missed out on the batch distilled in 2005 (bottled in 2019) because by the time I sought it out, it was only available at around $100. Now the 2021 release is available in abundance at retail or near retail, with only minor tweaks according to their master distiller, Nicole Austin. Carries a fabulous nose, and delivers the kind of warmth you generally get only from higher-proof offerings, along with a really solid bourbon taste. Get it while you can!     
image.thumb.png.8fe8e8d1afb963cd3059f1fd983954dd.png

Edited by throet
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, notyal said:

I cheated, so I won't divulge the answer. I'm heading to that part of the world this weekend for a wedding. Would you recommend trying this place out?

Yes. It was surprisingly good. The winter and makers were standoouts. Old Sheepdog brewing is on our list but the hours are tough to navigate. Lasty ep has a pretty rock solid distillery too. 

Downtown is hit & miss when it comes to food but the stuff by utep is pretty good. Crave has killer breakfast if you need a break from Mexican food.

2 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

I'm guessing it's in Georgetown b/c of Sun City reference.

Close as everyone appears to be near death. El Paso

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

Yes. It was surprisingly good. The winter and makers were standoouts. Old Sheepdog brewing is on our list but the hours are tough to negotiate. Lasty ep has a pretty rock solid distillery too. 

Downtown is hit & miss when it comes to food but the stuff by utep is pretty good. Crave has killer breakfast if you need a break from Mexican food.

Close as everyone appears to be near death. El Paso

My wife grew up there, so we usually hit her old favorites. Chicos Tacos, Charcoaler, and J&R's Mexican Food. Not exactly health food, or good beer selection. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, notyal said:

My wife grew up there, so we usually hit her old favorites. Chicos Tacos, Charcoaler, and J&R's Mexican Food. Not exactly health food, or good beer selection. 

Think we'll hit up charcoaler on way out to AZ tomorrow. Thanks

• Like 1