IGNORED

What ya drinkin? Share your thoughts on Beer, Wine, and Spirits!

throet

16 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Think we'll hit up charcoaler on way out to AZ tomorrow. Thanks

I'd recommend the chili cheese hotdog sandwich and an a green chili cheeseburger. They're small. One is not enough so I always get two and feel like a fat kid, but when in Rome...or El Paso.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, notyal said:

I'd recommend the chili cheese hotdog sandwich and an a green chili cheeseburger. They're small. One is not enough so I always get two and feel like a fat kid, but when in Rome...or El Paso.

We were right next to it yesterday while eating dinner at a really good french restaurant (yeah, in EP). 

Both of us agreed, burgers smelled freaking delicious. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

One of my coworkers is from EP and is always talking about Chicos tacos.

It's an EP institution. Everyone has their own way of eating them. Some drown the tacos in sauce and cheese (that how I do it), some dip, some even bite the tacos and wash it down with a sip of sauce. The first time I ate it, I thought it was not good at all. Then I found my way of doing it, and now it's probably my favorite of the El Paso guilty pleasures. 

• Like 1

Zilker brewing heavenly daze at spokesman coffee on st elmo.  Crazy how this area has changed!  Back in 2007-2008 my friend had a race shop almost right at congress and st Elmo.  River city cabinets took over all the buildings now, but one was Applied Racing Technology back then.  Across the street was the St Elmo Motel.  If we left the shop after 6-7pm there were “ladies of the night” propositioning us.  Now there’s breweries, a distillery, a Sake place, and a Tesla service center.

840400B7-4271-4B6C-BC30-843144685ED6.jpeg

• Like 2

Ok, this is legit still south Austin.  Dude selling new specialized road bike with tag still on it in the parking lot. Two people test riding it so far but I can’t find a bike shop on the area. He goes back around the corner with the bike.  I’ve seen a guy also go around the corner with a wheel and come back with the wheel, so there must be some kind of bike thing around here, but seriously doubt its a specialized dealer.

Went with another heavenly daze for my 3rd.  Real Ale Oktoberfest (always a favorite) was my first.  Zilker heavenly daze is less IPAish than a pinthouse jellyfish.  Definitely better than  RA Fresh Kicks.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 4:43 PM, AntonioGG said:

Ok, this is legit still south Austin.  Dude selling new specialized road bike with tag still on it in the parking lot. Two people test riding it so far but I can’t find a bike shop on the area. He goes back around the corner with the bike.  I’ve seen a guy also go around the corner with a wheel and come back with the wheel, so there must be some kind of bike thing around here, but seriously doubt its a specialized dealer.

He’s a cool dude. Specialized Austin has a warehouse around there to process online purchases. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sluggo said:

He’s a cool dude. Specialized Austin has a warehouse around there to process online purchases. 

Thank you!  I couldn't stop thinking about it.  I am wondering if he meets people by the coffee place so nobody really knows where the warehouse is exactly? (given the slew of smash and grabs at bike shops)

• 2 weeks later...

All through Fall and Winter I've been drinking mostly just Amber / Red / Brown Ales. Got a bit burned out on IPAs and other strong stuff that brings a buzz quite quickly. Seems most of the beers I've been getting lately are in the 5-6% ABV range. Here's a couple of really tasty treats. If I want a buzz, I'll reach for my whiskey. 

image.thumb.png.855f668ccb38d80bf7b7a95279f6b277.png

• Like 3