IGNORED

What ya drinkin? Share your thoughts on Beer, Wine, and Spirits!

throet

Here's a theoretical question:

If someone gave you a really fancy bottle of rum, how would you drink it? 

Typically I've had it in overly fruity drinks like a hurricane or a Pina colada. But what about a real simple, straightforward drink. Like some lime, soda water, something like that.

Any opinions?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AustinBike said:

Here's a theoretical question:

If someone gave you a really fancy bottle of rum, how would you drink it? 

Typically I've had it in overly fruity drinks like a hurricane or a Pina colada. But what about a real simple, straightforward drink. Like some lime, soda water, something like that.

Any opinions?

If it's good, I don't mind it on the rocks. 

Otherwise we've made some of these

https://www.tentoonerum.com/cocktails/rum-martini/

• Like 1

For my people in the dirty south, Last Stand Brewing has the Belgium Ale back on the taplist after an 18 month hiatus! 

From what I understand they are shutting the fitzhugh location down and moved everything to south congress. They added some small tanks to brew up some limited stuff for the people looking for something different. 

IMG_20220527_160437550_HDR (1).jpg

IMG_20220527_160340148.jpg

• Like 2

Finally got around to picking up a bottle of this stuff. Really good for $42. Great nose, and sweet on the palate with notes of caramel and custard. Really mellow for a 110-proof selection. Will buy again if it remains available at this price.  

image.thumb.png.76a2c6f8fe9eccb2d525b6ff4e229338.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chongo Loco said:

Not bad for a really light lager. Their kolsch was kinda bland. This one closer to a love street than a lager. They call it their "golfing beer” and the can art has various non-typical golfers. 😜

F8CA498F-20B6-4F22-B9F4-72CE3F18B114.jpeg

How does it compare to Red Horn's Trail Runner? 

4 hours ago, Chongo Loco said:

Not bad for a really light lager. Their kolsch was kinda bland. This one closer to a love street than a lager. They call it their "golfing beer” and the can art has various non-typical golfers. 😜

F8CA498F-20B6-4F22-B9F4-72CE3F18B114.jpeg

Tallboys suck for golf. The bouncing golf cart makes a beer flat after 1 hole. That's why they sell 18 packs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, notyal said:

Tallboys suck for golf. The bouncing golf cart makes a beer flat after 1 hole. That's why they sell 18 packs. 

I carry a high handicap, that gets exponentially higher with every beer consumed on the course. Prefer 2-3 cold ones at the 19th hole! 

Anybody else like to pair bourbon and beer? Doesn't work so well with pale ales or IPAs, but the brown and amber ales really compliment bourbons IMO. This is an excellent paring here, as the chocolate notes from the Brewhouse really set off the vanilla custard coming from that ECSB. Doesn't matter which chases which, it's good all the way around!  

image.thumb.png.e11111884228ff7cbad8e636fbfbdf13.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, throet said:

I carry a high handicap, that gets exponentially higher with every beer consumed on the course. Prefer 2-3 cold ones at the 19th hole! 

It takes me a couple just to loosen up. I find that I start to hit my stride 3-5 beers in. When I start bringing the beer onto the green with me, that's usually a sign that my game is about to decline.

• Haha 1

Was doing a job Thursday in Lakeway passed by infamous and figured i'd stop in. Had a couple taproom only beers that were worth checking out. They had one beer that was their spin on an Irish car bomb that was pretty damn tasty. Place was cool and staff were friendly. Definitely worth stopping by after hitting the Lakeway trails (when it's not 100*).

Took a 4pack of imperial double IPAs home. 

https://www.infamousbrewing.com/index.html

IMG_20220609_164549906.jpg

• Like 1