IGNORED

What ya drinkin? Share your thoughts on Beer, Wine, and Spirits!

throet

Picked up a sixer of these at Randalls today. Really light and refreshing with a more subtle Saison profile than what I'm accustomed to. Malty goodness with just enough spice / fruit. Ice cold works best for me, especially this time of year. 

image.thumb.png.53f4a4610ecac057c716be1b0deb96a2.png 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AustinBike said:

Love their beer. Brewery was always a stop and the Brakeroom is right up the street on Galisteo so I will be sure to make serveral rides over there in August.

Check it

This is the one in Albuquerque. Was bummed that they were totally out of chicken killer.

Drank cocktails instead

IMG_20220709_202936912.jpg

IMG_20220709_195213337.jpg

Edited by ATXZJ

Be honest. I know your vacation environment skews your perspective, but does that hold up to Real Ale's Devil's Backbone?

My perspective might be skewed also because I'm just finishing my second of the evening. And that's all it takes! (8.1)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Tip said:

Be honest. I know your vacation environment skews your perspective, but does that hold up to Real Ale's Devil's Backbone?

My perspective might be skewed also because I'm just finishing my second of the evening. And that's all it takes! (8.1)

I'm a total fan of DB, it's hard to beat particularly for the money. Their Sisyphus is great too. Of all the tripels I've tasted both import and domestic, this one just checks all the boxes for me.

Ill have to bring some back so our resident Belgian beer expert can weigh in.  @Chief

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 2

I'm finding alcohol to be less and less fun lately. I still enjoy the taste, especially on a hot day, but I'm turning to NA drinks to scratch that itch. bouncing between Costco Kombucha and Karbach Free & Easy NA IPA right now. Some of the NA drinks are more expensive than the real thing, which seems weird. Athletic Brewing is doing really cool things for trails, though, so I don't mind spending a little more of my money with them right now.

• Like 2

I haven't tried Athletic Brewing's stuff.  Everything else NA that I've tried that tries to emulate beer I don't like.  However, Lagunitas HOP I really liked.  Think of it as a hoppy seltzer.  I also cut way down and will do teas at night to scratch that itch.   I do like a specific kind of kombucha but it's very expensive.  Someone told me I should try to make my own.  I may give it a try.

• Like 1

Athletic Brewing has some good products. They have two IPAs that I really enjoyed. And they are VERY active in donating to trails, They gave a lot of their beer to us for the SATN Social. And they donate 2% of sales to trail projects. Really amazing. 

I was drinking beer all day at the SATN Social. They kept me sober enough all day. One beer, one Athletic Brew, one beer, one Athletic Brew. An excellent system!

• Like 4