IGNORED

What ya drinkin? Share your thoughts on Beer, Wine, and Spirits!

throet

15 hours ago, Chief said:

The Cinq Cents is a light amber ale that's fairly carbonated. The Blue is my favorite as a Belgian beer drinker, dark, malty and a bit more sweet. The Red I'm not very familiar with I've had it once and that was enough for me not my favorite. Chimay is good but the price is a bit much, there are better Belgians and Belgian styles out there. So to answer your question, for you probably the Cinq Cents.

Thanks, ended up drinking the blue last night. Not as "wheaty" as the typical Belgian so pretty good. I will try the Cinq next.

Edited by AustinBike
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a good weekend! The GD Pumpkin Ale is the best store-bought Pumpkin beer I've had - hands down. Christmas Ale from SA is one of my favorite beers - period. Will be stocking up while I can. First time trying either of these readily available bourbons. The OF 1910 is good, but I like the OF 1920 better for a few dollars more (heard the opposite from Bourbon Junkies on YT). The FR Small Batch Select is outstanding and will be a regular resident in my cabinet as long as I can keep getting it. Definitely an upgrade from the FR Single Barrel IMO.  

image.thumb.png.8278f404a71389db71bb65b2db77d694.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

Real Ale Boom Box double IPA in the cup (highly recommend) and Old 300 pork loin and brisket on the tray (also recommend) at Real Ale in Blanco.  Idiot me did not bring a cooler so I could bring back a bunch of their special limited edition brews!

A6B87028-6B6A-4974-A923-C388723FA350.jpeg

Boom Box is one of my favorites right now. In the same double IPA vein, this one is very good. 

IMG_3190.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was so sad to learn that Evan Williams Single Barrel would no longer be available in TX. But then I finally got around to trying Evan Williams BIB. Seems they are very similar in taste, and the EW BIB is half the price, higher proof, and still readily available. Between WT 101 and EW BIB, keeping the cabinet stocked with affordable daily sippers is a "no brainer".  
image.png.9786d4da92d2fdf7b4dd1acbeb961aa6.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...