IGNORED

Any riders in the Lago Vista / Jonestown area?

Ha, yea I was actually thinking that I could ferry my bike with my jon boat.
I know there are mountain bikers over there, guess I'll have to hang out at some of the trails that I know about until they show up. Still can't ride right now though, so maybe I am getting ahead of myself anyway, lol.

Just now, throet said:

Did you injure yourself again or just waiting for heat to subside? 

My tendonitis/joint issue is a never-ending issue, but the shoulders, wrists and a hip just got really bad the past 12-18 months. I just couldn't seem to get them to heal at all this time around, so I just quit riding (among other things) about 6 mos ago. I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere, but I have to be careful not to return to normal activity too soon, that always bites me.

And I hate summer 😛

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 9:03 AM, gotdurt said:

My tendonitis/joint issue is a never-ending issue, but the shoulders, wrists and a hip just got really bad the past 12-18 months. I just couldn't seem to get them to heal at all this time around, so I just quit riding (among other things) about 6 mos ago. I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere, but I have to be careful not to return to normal activity too soon, that always bites me.

And I hate summer 😛

have been reading about this, that strengthening the muscles will take a load off the tendons. Will also help to heal the tendons.

33 minutes ago, crazyt said:

have been reading about this, that strengthening the muscles will take a load off the tendons. Will also help to heal the tendons.

It's a catch-22... you have to first be able to make the motions, which requires healing. The first stage of tendon healing is rest. I'm actually an ex-gym rat; "ex", not because I chose to stop, but because tendonitis made me stop; not because of a lack of muscle strength. Unfortunately, even light workouts and stretches designed specifically for tendon recovery and to strengthen tendons make it worse; I have to heal first before I can strengthen them, but life won't let me be idle long enough for me to heal (some of it was prolonged by me, like riding despite not being healed and attempts to return to the gym). Additionally, according to previous doctor visits (before I lost my insurance) and lots of my own research, my bilateral tendonosis and tendonitis issues (wrists/thumbs (DeQuervain's), elbows, shoulders, hips, knees... so far ankles are okay, lol), among some other problems I won't get into, suggest an underlying problem, likely neurological rather than repetitive movement. 

Edited by gotdurt

So true here. My girl has gone through alot of PT this yr for tendonitis from repetitive movement in swim
One thing we learned first hand is essentially what you just said. Makes total sense.
But not to hijack
I know nothing of trails down there

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk