IGNORED

Brushy Creek (monthly) Coffee Outside

So I’ve been following this trend called “coffee outside” around the world. Essentially people on bikes gather at a location they choose once a month, bringing coffee making supplies or a thermos, donuts, kolaches, whatever, and just check out each other’s bikes and shoot the shit for an hour or two. Usually on a weekend. Usually starting at 7-8am.

I’m wondering if you guys would have interest in this? It just gives a chance to ride bikes to some Brush Creek location to have coffee and breakfast with like minded people. 

After it’s established a bit we could branch out to other MTB trail areas like walnut and the green belt with adequate preparation. While this is a heavy MTB group on here, all bikes are welcome and I’d say even encouraged. It would be fun to learn and laugh about your frankenbike. 

If this gains some traction I’ll organize it and get things rolling maybe for a Saturday or Sunday later this month. 

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Anita Handle said:

Speaking only for myself, Saturday morning at 7-8 is prime riding time for me. I would not be likely to give up a normal long/hard ride to chat about bikes. I'd rather kick tires and chat *after* riding, preferably with a beer in hand but wouldn't object to a donut.

This is the type of feedback I’m looking for. I too ride bright and early on most weekend days, but this occasional change up would be okay by me. I’d probably ride from the coffee location. 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 9:21 AM, Chief said:

Red Horn with Suburban Ninja right behind it would be the perfect place for something like this being able to provide pre and post ride refreshments. 

Well part of coffee outside is to actually bring coffee and breakfast supplies to a trail side location, not necessarily a coffee shop. Setting up a location on suburban ninja is a good spot though. 

Just now, Cafeend said:

So like a coffee picnic?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yes, basically. It’s just a location scouted out before the ride. Post it here with a time. Transport supplies to location however possible. I have anything cages on my gravel bike, so I’ll have one with coffee, mug, and drip coffee setup, another with nalgene and water, backpack with donuts and kolaches. Make coffee and eat donuts trailside somewhere that changes month to month. 

Spots on the radar:

random location on Mulligan

random location on Peddlers Pass

random location on Snow White

random location on Suburban Ninja

• Like 1

I used to ride with a buddy in Wimberley and we liked stashing thermoses of coffee or other treats without telling the other one.  Then in the middle of the ride we would ride up on the coffee or whatever.  Hot drinks were usually on bitter, cold-weather days.  It made a good ride better.  

1 minute ago, hurronnicane said:

I used to ride with a buddy in Wimberley and we liked stashing thermoses of coffee or other treats without telling the other one.  Then in the middle of the ride we would ride up on the coffee or whatever.  Hot drinks were usually on bitter, cold-weather days.  It made a good ride better.  

Now just need to stuff a cooler in some shrubs. Say you gotta stop for a nature break, then pull a couple cold ones from the bushes.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, hurronnicane said:

This is cool. 

I think it would be cool to try and schedule a ride so that you end up at a certain location at a certain time.  I'm not a coffee drinker but I'd show up just to kick a tire and be anti-social.