The patient was fine, he brought his own latex gloves
Thanks for the lollipop doc bad touch

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Yosmithy said:

The patient was fine, he brought his own latex gloves

When he asked you where to put his shorts, did you respond with "over there next to mine"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Coming up on 3-months post surgery next week and the prognosis is looking good. Sitting down comfortably is a non-issue now, and that had been one of my biggest concerns. Played 9 holes of golf with my kid this past weekend, and the PT told me yesterday I should start spinning around the neighborhood on my bike. I've been doing a wide range of stretching and strengthening exercises at home, and am up to 20 minutes of high-intensity interval training on my new machine. I think the key for me now is to listen to the doctor and PT and not try to rush back too quickly. My right leg is still much weaker than my left, and I really need to get back to full strength before I resume aggressive trail riding. Also the doc says that it really takes 5-6 months for that reattached tendon to really heal up completely. My goal is to be back doing my normal riding before Christmas, but in the meantime, life is good!!! 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, throet said:

Coming up on 3-months post surgery next week and the prognosis is looking good. Sitting down comfortably is a non-issue now, and that had been one of my biggest concerns. Played 9 holes of golf with my kid this past weekend, and the PT told me yesterday I should start spinning around the neighborhood on my bike. I've been doing a wide range of stretching and strengthening exercises at home, and am up to 20 minutes of high-intensity interval training on my new machine. I think the key for me now is to listen to the doctor and PT and not try to rush back too quickly. My right leg is still much weaker than my left, and I really need to get back to full strength before I resume aggressive trail riding. Also the doc says that it really takes 5-6 months for that reattached tendon to really heal up completely. My goal is to be back doing my normal riding before Christmas, but in the meantime, life is good!!! 

Good to hear man! Don't get silly and re injure that leg👍

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 7:34 AM, Chief said:

Good to hear man! Don't get silly and re injure that leg👍

Had my first proper trail ride in 4 months today. Rode Picnic and then rode the trail along the creek to get over to Peddlers. Felt really good on Peddlers and probably could have pushed it even harder but I proceeded cautiously. Put in a second lap for good measure. Stalled getting up out of the creek on the first lap but cured that the second time around. Overall I didn't feel like I was missing much on those two laps, in terms of either strength or stability. Tested my lungs pretty well too on the second lap as a couple of riders were coming up behind me and I didn't feel like getting passed. Figure I'll use Picnic and Peddlers as my training ground for a couple of weeks to see how I progress but it felt soooo nice to be out riding and PP was in superb condition.    

• Like 4

Had my first proper trail ride in 4 months today. Rode Picnic and then rode the trail along the creek to get over to Peddlers. Felt really good on Peddlers and probably could have pushed it even harder but I proceeded cautiously. Put in a second lap for good measure. Stalled getting up out of the creek on the first lap but cured that the second time around. Overall I didn't feel like I was missing much on those two laps, in terms of either strength or stability. Tested my lungs pretty well too on the second lap as a couple of riders were coming up behind me and I didn't feel like getting passed. Figure I'll use Picnic and Peddlers as my training ground for a couple of weeks to see how I progress but it felt soooo nice to be out riding and PP was in superb condition.    
So glad to see your are bouncing back. I know it's not your preferred style but SN is alot of good rolling miles. Easy 10 to 15 miles. That will be a good Christmas present for yourself getting back to your beloved DD rides

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

SN is alot of good rolling miles. Easy 10 to 15 miles.

I'm going to need a tour of that real soon! Just don't want to get too tempted by those jump lines yet. 

I'm going to need a tour of that real soon! Just don't want to get too tempted by those jump lines yet. 
Honestly that area is a mere small fraction ..like maybe a hundred yards in miles.

• Like 3

Officially 4 months post-op now. My recovery rides have graduated to 1/4 Notch W-E, which was normally a no-dab ride for me. I'm having to use more gears now though and I'm not attacking anything, which is resulting in a few dabs. Overall though it feels great to be out on the trail and pushing myself a little bit. As tempting as it is to stay in a higher gear and just motor up and over stuff, I want to give myself the recommended 5-6 months for full recovery.    

• Like 5

2 hours ago, throet said:

As tempting as it is to stay in a higher gear and just motor up and over stuff, I want to give myself the recommended 5-6 months for full recovery.    

^^^^ Wisdom ^^^^

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 8:18 AM, throet said:

Officially 4 months post-op now. My recovery rides have graduated to 1/4 Notch W-E, which was normally a no-dab ride for me. I'm having to use more gears now though and I'm not attacking anything, which is resulting in a few dabs. Overall though it feels great to be out on the trail and pushing myself a little bit. As tempting as it is to stay in a higher gear and just motor up and over stuff, I want to give myself the recommended 5-6 months for full recovery.    

I finally managed a no-dab ride on 1/4 Notch W-E but I have bigger problems now. Seems that the 9 rides that I've done over the past month have really aggravated my sit bone where the hamstring tendon got reattached. It didn't bother me at all initially but is now getting progressively worse with each ride. Probably going to lay off riding for a month or so and then try again. Might have to start looking at saddle alternatives. 

• Sad 3

Sorry to hear that, throat... Aggravating an injury is not what you want at all. Unfortunately, injuries things like this can take upwards of a year to heal properly. Just be patient.

Edited by RidingAgain