IGNORED

Walnut Creek Trail Conditions

Albert

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My buddy and I attempted to ride Walnut last night at 5 pm and I suppose it must've rained a bit since there were some muddy spots on BMX loop and log loop. After we saw log loop was still wet and had to go slow and avoid the muddy spots as to not tear up the trail, we bailed onto the sidewalk and went back to the cars and called it a day.

If it doesn't rain today, I would think they trails will be just fine.

• Like 1

Rode last night and trails were in pretty great conditions, a few puddles on log loops, church hill was actually dry, bmx loop was good though the pump track was too wet to ride, .6 had some wet spots, but overall really good.  Did not get to windy loop, probably a little wet over there. There was so much grip!  Get out and ride today if you can!

Walnut creek was great, go ride!  There are a few random damp/muddy spots, mostly in the usual locations, but 99% of the trail is bone dry..   

I was riding the SS today and had my rear wheel actually come off while providing a ton of torque climbing up a ledge.  This caused the bike to immediately stop and I went flying over the handlebars (I had some momentum, as one often does on a singlespeed while ascending).  That was rather surprising!  Something is awry with my rear skewer, but I was able to get it back together and continue riding.  Wheel then started rubbing on frame, had to later stop and adjust the wheel to get it back in alignment.  Rear rotor bent, so that was rubbing the whole time.  Front rotor rubbing as well.  I was damned determine to finish the ride and did! Bike going into the shop as soon as I get my geared bike back!!

..Al

• Like 2

Rode at 4 pm and it was pretty much as Albert described.  Some fairly large muddy spots along the way.  Rained later in the evening.  I hiked the trail after that and it was muddier.  It should be too muddy to ride in the morning.  With any more rain Saturday, it will be toase tor the whole weekend.

• Like 2

This morning it was ok.  There were a couple of puddles in odd spots, but overall pretty good.  

Point six had soft spots, but no water.  Marks art was fine.  A puddle on log loops that surprised me.  

Edited by bradtubgin
added detail

• Albert changed the title to Walnut Creek Trail Conditions