IGNORED

Walnut Creek Trail Conditions

Albert

Rode Inner and Outer Log and Mark's Art yesterday evening to take advantage of the overcast skies and slightly, very slightly cooler weather, which was balanced out with soul destroying humidity.  

Flat spots with deep shade are still damp, but should be pretty close to dry by today. 

A few of the crossings on Marks Art are wet and very muddy, but there is armoring under it all, if I'm remembering correctly.  There is almost no gradient in that area, and as water stands, all the sediment drops out.  Some remedial shoveling downstream of each problematic crossing will help. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This is after riding a third of the way through. 6. I bailed at the power line cut through. The first Tar Branch Crossing was wet going down into it, but the trail before it was dry. The trail between tar branch and .6 was sticky in places.

The Inner Log Loop has seven or eight unavoidable wet spots. I can't imagine that the Windy Loop and the BMX Loops are any better.

It needs another day in my opinion.

2022-11-08 12.54.57.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...