IGNORED

Walnut Creek Trail Conditions

Albert

5 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Looks like rain for the next week. Walnut may be dry by August at this point. Good time to leave town.

Yup, pouring right now (10:40 am, Thursday). 

My backyard is suddenly looking very jungle-ish. 

Edited by June Bug

Trail conditions as of Thursday night. Church hill is a little slippery and it’s way too hot for knee pads.
35bf8d1f1a531410c2b4e33c1c133efa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn man…that looks brutal. The most dangerous trail system in Texas strikes again! Heal up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.6 loop has three areas that have been really tore up. A couple spot where the trail is suddenly very wide with a couple b-lines. Another spot where the b-line goes the wrong way around a tree, You can tell they were done when it was really muddy. The ruts are deep. Looks like they were all made by people that didn't know the trail, or they would have never gone where these went. Windy has a few bad spots also. The rocky climb by the water going ccw has that old perpetual running water that makes it really slick.

• 3 weeks later...

My best guess is that early this afternoon will be a bit messy. It didn't get a ton of rain yesterday, but the dirt was quite saturated (though still good) before the afternoon showers. If we get a bit of sun and wind today, things MAY be okay this evening. And tomorrow should be great.

But don't be afraid to go give it a shot (and report back)! Just be willing to bail to a paved path spin if you're picking up mud in your tires. 

Perfect today. There were a LOT of women runners. Looked like a group event. Lots of bright tags hanging around marking the course I'd guess.

The really cool thing...no headphones and every time I came up behind some of them I rang my bell once, they moved over, we exchange *Good Morning* greetings and a smile, and went on our merry way.

Done by 9am, great morning.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

Yeah, the R&I is not gonna happen this week, we're getting pummeled again in central Austin. Glad I got my ride in this morning.

We keep hoping for rain in our area which has been forecasted since Friday.  And the rain always seems to be 6 hours away.  It's making up for the times where we seem to have much more rain than surrounding areas.  We have some kind of micro-climate here.