IGNORED

New Trail at Reimer's Ranch

Yes, ย with as much as people complain at times, we are spoiled.
I am in New Orleans this week and there are really no real trails to speak of. Lots of urban options, but when it comes to dirt (and elevation), nothing to speak of.

No elevation, but fun twisty stuff at NOMAMBOโ€™s trail in the Bonne Carreโ€™ spillway in Norco. Unfortunately itโ€™s currently closed due to rain. If you ever need a hookup been knowing those guys for 20+ years. Poke your head into East Bank Cyclery on Vets and say hello to Eric. Heโ€™s the head honcho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another delay in getting the new trail built. Latest prediction is that permission might be grantedย  mid November to maybe December. Good thing I set a schedule deadline of September 1st. Too bad a forgot to mention what year.

Patience. Patience. Remember government move S L O W L Y.

Years ago we had a saying about lining something up with a tree so you could tell if it was moving...

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 5:27 PM, Chongo Loco said:

ย 

No elevation, but fun twisty stuff at NOMAMBOโ€™s trail in the Bonne Carreโ€™ spillway in Norco. Unfortunately itโ€™s currently closed due to rain. If you ever need a hookup been knowing those guys for 20+ years. Poke your head into East Bank Cyclery on Vets and say hello to Eric. Heโ€™s the head honcho.

ย 

Is that the spillway that killed the oyster harvest? Had a hard time getting oysters last month. Parkway only had oyster poboys on two days a week (but oddly the $.50 oysters for happy hour were plentiful.)

Ha! Yeah thatโ€™s the one. Besides the oyster kill it wreaked havoc on the fishing and shrimp in and around the end of Lake Pontchartrain and all along MS and AL coasts. My old roomie in Gulfport told me about a huge algae bloom this summer that caused a big fish kill which resulted in a bunch of porpoise being killed. All the fresh water plus the extended period of high water temps this year destroyed that ecosystem. Never made the national news but there they had a lot of talk of claims against the govt for the impact. First year they opened that spillway twice, first time it was ever opened on consecutive years and most days ever opened. If they had opened the other spillway near where I grew up it would have been worse. It empties west of the Mississippi at Morgan City.

You guys are do L O N G rides from Reimer's Ranch to Gulfport???? DAMN!

If not - why don't you start a thread on the area you are talking about? Or PM each other. Or change the title of this thread to "Reimer's Ranch and Mississippi River Related Trails"?

• Like 3

Sometimes called a thread hijack.

Nobody in their right mind would ride Reimers on flat pedals. (See how I kept it at least close to onย topic???)

26" wheels are where it's at. Anything larger is 'just a fad'. Reimer's doesn't do fads. (still on topic) But the Mississippi River trail are just fads too. (Opps - now off topic again.)

Anybody riding in Colorado this week? (Opps, off topic again.)

No - I'm heading to Moab next week. (Opps - where is the Moab thread? Oh wait - we don't even try to use threads on here. My bad.)

Anybody know if the trails are dry in Norleans?

ย 

ย