IGNORED

New Trail at Reimer's Ranch

• 3 months later...

some clarification for everyone. The trail is not open for use yet! we are complete with the BIG machines and the major earth moving, however we still have the smaller machines going on finish work. we are hoping to have it to a point soon for some ride sessions for the folks that come out for the volunteer work day. Anyone is welcome to come look at it and check it out, but until the return line is complete we ask everyone not to ride it yet. ARR will be posting more information soon . In addition we ask everyone to Please stay away from the Travis County Maintenance office and shop, no trails are near or around it and it is not the way out. If you walk the new trail please walk it back up until return line is complete! Thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Digga said:

some clarification for everyone. The trail is not open for use yet! we are complete with the BIG machines and the major earth moving, however we still have the smaller machines going on finish work. we are hoping to have it to a point soon for some ride sessions for the folks that come out for the volunteer work day. Anyone is welcome to come look at it and check it out, but until the return line is complete we ask everyone not to ride it yet. ARR will be posting more information soon . In addition we ask everyone to Please stay away from the Travis County Maintenance office and shop, no trails are near or around it and it is not the way out. If you walk the new trail please walk it back up until return line is complete! Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Rumor has it that ARR is trying to deal with many competing issues. Somethings like weather and available time / people / tools are always a problem. Somethings like the Pace Bend Race are problems competing for those resources. Some new things are complicating those issues. Like with the park be open? Would a work day be allowed? Can signs be made (are sign makers open for business)

Stay tuned for updates as updates become available.

In the mean time - go ride your bike. Outdoors. Solo ride.  Don't listen to the news. Be careful who you believe. After all, this post is from a non-official quoting un-named sources.

Barry and Txduc - you guys are making my point.

Until this weekend there had to be major effort toward the Pace Bend Race. That was a hard date that had to be met. Then this weekend that effort was gone. Do we get those hours back so we can point them to Reimers? No. Maybe somebody can tell us the magic chant on how to do that. 

And now most peoples' focus is off of trails, trail work or even riding. Somehow they think there is some kind of major event happening that demands their attention. And even if they themselves don't, most have a wife, girlfriend, mother or employer who is demanding their attention be focused elsewhere. 

I am certain these new trails will happen and be available for everyone. Sometime soon. How soon? I don't know - I hear my wife calling right now. But you can trust me because I heard it from an un-named source. Evidence free.

Edited by cxagent

• 1 month later...

Rode it/them yesterday. Told others how to find them. Then went and saw a "Closed" sign. Will be checking on why that sign was there. Will post if they are open or not.

This was the first time I rode them on a bike. Maybe I'm just getting old but I think everyone should do a sighting run before they send it. There are consequences for coming up short on some of the jumps. 

Rode it/them yesterday. Told others how to find them. Then went and saw a "Closed" sign. Will be checking on why that sign was there. Will post if they are open or not.

This was the first time I rode them on a bike. Maybe I'm just getting old but I think everyone should do a sighting run before they send it. There are consequences for coming up short on some of the jumps. 

Good news is there are B lines for anything considered big . It would be nice to have it announced if it is actually open now. Last I heard ARR wanted to wait to publicize it was open because the return route wasnt done. It could really use some riders and publicity if that's not the case.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, cxagent said:

Apparently Pace Bend and Reimers were closed today due to over crowding.:

13 hours ago, circuitbreaker said:

Apparently Pace Bend and Reimers were closed today due to over crowding.:

When I was leaving on Saturday morning, all of the parking lots were full. There was a line of 32 cars (I counted) at the guard shack waiting to get in. I have a feeling "over crowded" was a major understatement.

The return trail is done - marked, mowed, ridden in. It was visible and easy to follow on Saturday. Hand made signs are up on the trail. Travis County has made some wooden signs to mark where the Multi-use Trail (horses, hikers, etc.) splits from the flow trail access. There is not yet a sign to direct riders to help find the Flow Trail. I suspect Travis County is not ready for that yet. Part of the reason I think that is there are several signs that parking is NOT allowed near the top of the Flow Trail. To find the Flow Trail, you have to have some idea where to look without help from any signage.

There are marked B-Lines at all the larger features. KOM did a great job designing and building the Flow Trail. Most people can ride the trail - even mid level beginners can use the B-Lines. (I suggest a true newbie may want to avoid all Reimers trails including this one.) As long as riders look at the feature and decide for themselves if they think they can ride it - I don't see a problem. My concern is if somebody decides to send it without looking - they may run into real trouble. There are jumps where you need to turn up the face of the jump. It is not obvious from above that there is a turn there. If someone sends it off that jump and does not turn - they will end up in the brush along a ledge. I'm pretty sure they will only do that once. Other places have gaps that I want to make sure I clear and try to land on the down slope. Come up short and I would case it on the next jump. That usually leads to a trip over the bars.

This trail is coming soon. I have not heard why it was signed as closed on Saturday.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, cxagent said:

When I was leaving on Saturday morning, all of the parking lots were full. There was a line of 32 cars (I counted) at the guard shack waiting to get in. I have a feeling "over crowded" was a major understatement.

The return trail is done - marked, mowed, ridden in. It was visible and easy to follow on Saturday. Hand made signs are up on the trail. Travis County has made some wooden signs to mark where the Multi-use Trail (horses, hikers, etc.) splits from the flow trail access. There is not yet a sign to direct riders to help find the Flow Trail. I suspect Travis County is not ready for that yet. Part of the reason I think that is there are several signs that parking is NOT allowed near the top of the Flow Trail. To find the Flow Trail, you have to have some idea where to look without help from any signage.

There are marked B-Lines at all the larger features. KOM did a great job designing and building the Flow Trail. Most people can ride the trail - even mid level beginners can use the B-Lines. (I suggest a true newbie may want to avoid all Reimers trails including this one.) As long as riders look at the feature and decide for themselves if they think they can ride it - I don't see a problem. My concern is if somebody decides to send it without looking - they may run into real trouble. There are jumps where you need to turn up the face of the jump. It is not obvious from above that there is a turn there. If someone sends it off that jump and does not turn - they will end up in the brush along a ledge. I'm pretty sure they will only do that once. Other places have gaps that I want to make sure I clear and try to land on the down slope. Come up short and I would case it on the next jump. That usually leads to a trip over the bars.

This trail is coming soon. I have not heard why it was signed as closed on Saturday.

Thanks for the kudos!!  I'll definitely pass it along to the crew. Have fun out there and be safe. 

Edited by Digga

Heard back from Travis County. They do NOT want people on the trail until the legal beagles figure out the wording and have the legal disclaimer signs posted.

Please stay off the Return and Flow Trails until they are officially open.

It was my mistake to think they were already open. Sorry for the confusion I caused.

• Like 2