IGNORED

New Trail at Reimer's Ranch

The entrance to the trail to the trail loop

104051764_3294745570544301_1719763311654104547016_3294745693877622_7304525560978

Lawyer talk:

104547016_3294745693877622_7304525560978

This is at the entrance/exit of the Flow Trail loop:

83416701_3294745637210961_62110492099533

There are high consequences of fail on three of the gap jumps. Take a discovery ride down before you try to send it:

84289682_3294745820544276_39621482959551

The Starting Gate. 135 feet of drop in 2/3 mile on the Flow Trail:

104412635_3294745883877603_6311317379050

The first big feature. Gap on the left into a big berm, drop on the right into a smaller berm:

104429230_3294745940544264_3503158022054

The three features are signed. Even the blue bypasses need care to roll:

104492823_3294745970544261_4021271672831

Milton's Shortcut is designed for those wanting to do multiple runs of Flow Trail. It's all one way so sessioning features is not an option.

82837718_3294746037210921_56729586164659

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Rode the new Flow Trail a few times at Reimers on Saturday and it was a blast!  I was able to hit everything except the last big gap which looks to be 12+ feet by my estimation.  After the ride I was kicking myself for not hitting everything, but I just wasn't feeling it so I chickened out on the last feature. As stated in an earlier post, the trail needs some wheels on it.  Even though it opened recently, you can tell it's been sitting there a while. The return trail is a mellow climb of just over a mile, which makes sessioning the Flow Trail bearable. 

The MTB parking lot was absolutely packed by 9am, so there's tons of people going to ride out there.  However, we only saw 1 other person riding the Flow Trail while we were in the area.  Happy to have more and more options like this in the area.  Hopefully the county will follow through with the master plan for this area.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Rode the new Flow Trail a few times at Reimers on Saturday and it was a blast!  I was able to hit everything except the last big gap which looks to be 12+ feet by my estimation.  After the ride I was kicking myself for not hitting everything, but I just wasn't feeling it so I chickened out on the last feature. As stated in an earlier post, the trail needs some wheels on it.  Even though it opened recently, you can tell it's been sitting there a while. The return trail is a mellow climb of just over a mile, which makes sessioning the Flow Trail bearable. 
The MTB parking lot was absolutely packed by 9am, so there's tons of people going to ride out there.  However, we only saw 1 other person riding the Flow Trail while we were in the area.  Happy to have more and more options like this in the area.  Hopefully the county will follow through with the master plan for this area.
Yea it definitely Sat too long without wheels on it. And now with this pandemic no one wants to host a group event to make it more known to public. Word of mouth on social media will be the only thing that can draw people in now. I'd also suggest writing to the county or park staff and ket them know you specifically enjoy the flow trail and hope to see more of it. The more they hear that the better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, olddbrider said:

Did you see any hand made signs directing riders to the Flow Trails? There were two right at the intersection of the road up to the MTB parking lot on the Multi Use trail.

Also, did you have a 911 caller with you? I won't try things sometimes unless I do.

Edited by The Tip
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

Yea it definitely Sat too long without wheels on it. And now with this pandemic no one wants to host a group event to make it more known to public. Word of mouth on social media will be the only thing that can draw people in now. I'd also suggest writing to the county or park staff and ket them know you specifically enjoy the flow trail and hope to see more of it. The more they hear that the better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Anyone in particular I should write to?

2 minutes ago, The Tip said:

Did you see any hand made signs directing riders to the Flow Trails? There were two right at the intersection of the road up to the MTB parking lot on the Multi Use trail

Yes, from what I recall, there was a hand-made sign right where you turn into the MTB parking lot from the main road.  I don't recall if there were any others, but I had a good idea of where to go and I talked to a guy in the parking lot who had already been up there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, olddbrider said:

Already got a response from one of the guys so they are listening!

Cool. What did you say and what did they say?

There are plans for more trail in the Flow Trails area. That's why it's called Flow Trails. 😄

So no need to beg for more trails. yet.

I said-

I had a chance this weekend to get out to Reimers Ranch this weekend for some riding. The main mission was to find and ride the new Flow Trail that was recently opened.  Thankfully, there were some signs as soon as we entered the MTB parking area, which made it easy to find the hub at the bottom of the new trail.  We did 3 laps of Flow Trail and had a great time getting to know the features and trying to hit everything cleanly.  I can't tell you how excited I am to see this type of trail being built at Reimers. It shows that people are paying attention and realize that this style of riding is gaining popularity and will bring more riders to the park. Having seen the "master plan", I sincerely hope that the decision-makers will follow through and commit to building additional lines in this area of the park.

They said -

Thank you for your review of our new Flow Trail at Reimers Ranch Park.  Input like yours helps us plan for future improvements.  I’ll make sure your feedback is seen by others higher up in the organization.

If you have suggestions or further comments be sure to let me know.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, olddbrider said:

It shows that people are paying attention and realize that this style of riding is gaining popularity and will bring more riders to the park.

More visitors = more revenue and they like that a lot. Let them know at the entrance station how much you enjoy the trails and the new trail in particular. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

The Flow Trail was built with skilled riders in mind. "Make it BIG" was the directive given to the "with machines" trail building company. But as a result, those riders that are less skilled and cannot send it 10' in the air, had to get off and walk down, or around, a lot of the features.

Well, no more! Every feature now has a bypass. So even an advanced beginner can now enjoy the elevation change of a good flow trail without stopping on the run. BUT a great unforeseen byproduct of this motive, of making it fun for every level, is that a super fun "wheels on the ground" flow trail has been created. Lots of S curves and using the existing berms. Can you do it all without braking? 

It's like there are two trails now. Get out there and do it twice. At least.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, The Tip said:

The Flow Trail was built with skilled riders in mind. "Make it BIG" was the directive given to the "with machines" trail building company. But as a result, those riders that are less skilled and cannot send it 10' in the air, had to get off and walk down, or around, a lot of the features.

Well, no more! Every feature now has a bypass. So even an advanced beginner can now enjoy the elevation change of a good flow trail without stopping on the run. BUT a great unforeseen byproduct of this motive, of making it fun for every level, is that a super fun "wheels on the ground" flow trail has been created. Lots of S curves and using the existing berms. Can you do it all without braking? 

It's like there are two trails now. Get out there and do it twice. At least.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBB.... LINES.... Rule!

Today, as my wife was kvetching about the climb to the top, I said, "see,THIS is why an ebike would be good!" I want to get her one but she's having none of it. So far at least. But these semi-gravity parks are a perfect place for them. Zoom up, down like normal.

And a post work report; the wheels on the ground bypasses are super fun. It really makes it a different experience.

32 minutes ago, The Tip said:

Today, as my wife was kvetching about the climb to the top, I said, "see,THIS is why an ebike would be good!" I want to get her one but she's having none of it. So far at least. But these semi-gravity parks are a perfect place for them. Zoom up, down like normal.

And a post work report; the wheels on the ground bypasses are super fun. It really makes it a different experience.

I have thought about getting my wife an urban bike so that we could ride together. She does not ride at my speed and does not like hills. That could solve some problems on the urban side, but on the trail it seems like a lot of extra weight for the marginal gain. Of course I could just ride slower, but that does not ever work out right.

4 hours ago, AustinBike said:

I have thought about getting my wife an urban bike so that we could ride together. She does not ride at my speed and does not like hills. That could solve some problems on the urban side, but on the trail it seems like a lot of extra weight for the marginal gain. Of course I could just ride slower, but that does not ever work out right.

have you ridden an emtb? the gain is not marginal. she will be faster than you, pretty much guaranteed. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, circuitbreaker said:

have you ridden an emtb? the gain is not marginal. she will be faster than you, pretty much guaranteed. 

Faster until you have to do something other than go straight.  Tree, rock, ledge, berm, etc. will change that math in a heartbeat.  I think that a mtb rider would be faster on an emtb.  However, if you aren't comfortable on a normal bike on the trail, an emtb will find your limits just that much quicker.

• Like 1