IGNORED

Barton Creek Greenbelt Trail Conditions

joshuation

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, Schrute said:

How are things in the GB?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I went there on Sunday for my first time ever with some friends and it was rather wet.  There wasn't much sticking to my tires, but almost every rock and root section was wet and slick.  It was beyond my skill level for how slick it was, but my riding buddies only had problems on a few sections.  

I rode Specs to Travis Country to Dragon's Weiner on Friday and the dirt was nearly perfect, punctuated by a couple of avoidable mud puddles.  I think we've gotten a little bit of rain since then so I've been hanging back.  Regarding the trails below Dragon's Weiner, take a saw with you.  Or something.  Tons of branches and tree trunks washed down and need cleaning.  I ended up hiking across the creek to get out of it all.

It was sprinkling when I left this morning, I live off Sweet 16...

Depending on where you ride it'll be either hero or owl-shit slick. Pick your poison. 

Rode last night and it was strange, some rocks were covered with perspiration and very slick while others were dry as a bone and they'd be 10 feet apart.

Generally speaking, IME, the south sides of E-W trails are the slickest in weather like this (I'm looking at you, Rattlesnake) but it's a pretty mixed bag across the GB lately with the humid air and temp fluctuations day/night. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

South of the river was amazing on Tuesday. I didn’t cross the river because I didn’t want to swin.

Cody - I was out there demoing a Stache with 3.0 tires and was really impressed. I know you’re a Stache fan and I was skeptical about the big fat tires but that thing was a pretty capable. It didn’t beat me up nearly as bad as I was expecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

they are great now, but it all depends on what happens tomorrow. it’s supposed to rain in the morning and then clear out. if we get quarter inch, should be okay within a day or so. if more, it’s likely going to take until saturday or sunday

• Albert changed the title to Barton Creek Greenbelt Trail Conditions
  • 9 months later...