IGNORED

Banduro in Bandera - 11/16/19 - Registration is open!

https://www.facebook.com/events/352355088762058/

https://www.bikereg.com/banduro

guaranteed to be a GREAT time! please share to all of your friends! come out, race or spectate! this is one of the few mountain biking venues that is surprisingly spectator friendly with the clear visibility across large areas of the property! 

This is the first race put on by myself and my race event company Victory Racing!

hope to see and meet many of you there!

Edited by Seths Pool
  • Like 4

Hey Seth - This is BAD ASS!!  So good to see you getting into the game and having a race event company is another level.  Excited for you man and I'll do my best to attend and support any way possible.  If you need some volunteers, let us know.  You've certainly given enough of your time to the trails people ride around here.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

announcement!

***EBIKE class has been added to the event! registration is open!***

REGISTRATION LINK - 

C'mon forum dudes and dudettes, sign up for Banduro In Bandera and come have great time! normal MTB or E-Bike Class! This is a wonderful venue hidden gem in the Texas hill country and is going to be tons of fun.

Beginner classes are open too, these will be 5 stages instead of 8 or 7. ideal for first time racers, but whatever comfort level you are at is out important. feel free to inquire if you are questioning if you should be in beginner class or not!

AXTJZ and his wife recently registered, id love to even have some type of austinmountainbiking.com member race results put together after the event to post up here. make sure to notate your forum board username when you register! 

https://www.facebook.com/events/352355088762058/

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 8.34.37 AM.png

2 minutes ago, throet said:

It would be a miracle for me to be recovered from my injury by then but I'll hold onto some hope. If not though I'll consider coming down and cheering you guys on. 

maaaan, i hope you get better soon. we were supposed to ride together that weekend your injury happened, weren't we?

and yes I hope to see you at the event either way, racer or spectator my friend 

3 minutes ago, Seths Pool said:

maaaan, i hope you get better soon. we were supposed to ride together that weekend your injury happened, weren't we?

and yes I hope to see you at the event either way, racer or spectator my friend 

You had to work that day and had a broken bike. Really cool to see how much you're doing for the sport man! Appreciate what you do and hope to ride with you again soon. 

On 8/3/2019 at 9:18 AM, ATXZJ said:

Registered wife and I for banduro. She was stoked to see a women's beginner class with 5 vs 8 stages and will be a great way for her to get started.

I'll be bringing up the rear in the 40-49 group 🤣

yesssss, awesome man see you there! 

cmon austinmountainbiking.com people! come check out this event and have some fun!

Edited by Seths Pool
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, deadtokevin said:

Registered. Looking forward to my first pedal bike enduro.. Been 10 years since my last dirt bike enduro...yooiinks

yeah BOI! hell yeah Kevin happy to hear you are gonna be there. we need two get Jim and that whole crew there also!

cmon guys who else is interested?? go sign up! this is gonna be a good time

I was looking for a race to work toward and this looks awesome.  I'm not pro, and newb AF with racing.  I'm not sure if I should sign up for beginner or the age brackets - what's the difference if any?

Can you go into the format a bit @Seths Pool?  Are folks shuttled to the top of each line?  What's the distance covered for the beginner bracket vs the age brackets vs pro?  Would you need any hardware for time keeping?  Are there more information treasures revealed once you sign up?   And feel free to point me to a website and say "RTFM."  

I checked https://banderabike.com/ and didn't see it mentioned or details so that's why I'm asking here.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ErikTheRed said:

I was looking for a race to work toward and this looks awesome.  I'm not pro, and newb AF with racing.  I'm not sure if I should sign up for beginner or the age brackets - what's the difference if any?

Can you go into the format a bit @Seths Pool?  Are folks shuttled to the top of each line?  What's the distance covered for the beginner bracket vs the age brackets vs pro?  Would you need any hardware for time keeping?  Are there more information treasures revealed once you sign up?   And feel free to point me to a website and say "RTFM."  

I checked https://banderabike.com/ and didn't see it mentioned or details so that's why I'm asking here.

hey man! so the differences between beginner and age groups are that beginners will race 5 stages total, and everyone above will race 8 stages on Race day. there are no shuttles on race day. there are two climb trails that all racers will use repeatedly to get back up to the top of the Ridgeline where the majority of the enduro stages start. you will have from about 9am - 4pm to complete all of your stages. you are only timed one the downhill race stages. your transfer times and total journey time is not recorded or measured. you just have to finish all your stages by the deadline. apart from that, go at your own pace, in any order you want, and have fun!

we will provide all racers with a small timing chip that you will zip tie to your bike. each race stage has a proximity start and stop beacon which records your start and stop times for each stage. each race stage is about a 1:45 - 5:00 minute, 300-350' descent, ranging from .6 - 1 mile in distance. 

go register! the weather will be nice, the venue is great, fun crowd, just an all around good time. everyone always has an absolute blast at the enduro races!

hope to see you there!

bikereg.com/banduro

• Like 2

2 hours ago, npfour said:

@Seths Pool will the beginner race include stages with less technical features?  I love riding and did the zombie goat last year and definitely appreciated that pretty much all of the really technical parts had B-lines.  Will this race follow a similar protocol?

you are correct, great question! there will be b-lines on the stages around technical features, and the 5 stages the beginner classes will be racing will be the most appropriate for those riders with fun and safety in mind.  🙂 hope to see you there 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, olddbrider said:

Will there be an opportunity to pre-ride included with registration?

Yes, in addition to the race registration fee, there is a $10 land usage fee per person for bandera bike park. This single $10 fee includes full access & optional camping for three days - Friday is practice day, Saturday is race day, and Sunday is optional stay and ride day and I am working on setting up some cool activities for participants on Sunday! Which may include bike/e-bike demos, possible dirt bike stuff, and more!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, circuitbreaker said:

yeah, that's all i was asking. Just wanted to make sure there were no stop watches involved.

yeah ive been to some events with stopwatch timing that turned out to be a disaster

no stop watch or microwave timing at my events 🙂

Edited by Seths Pool

14 hours ago, TheX said:

I might have to drag my broken ass body, heart attack surviving, 60 year old self out there and do this.

Dude I’d love to see a bunch of people from here and bikemojo out there! Please come! 

Apart from my event, bandera is just a sweet piece of property and it will fun to just be out there! The weather will be great. 

Yes, everyone, please come!