IGNORED

Banduro in Bandera - 11/16/19 - Registration is open!

Just registered for the 30s division! Never raced Enduro before, but have always been curious. This event looks like too much fun to pass up. Thanks to Seth for giving me an excuse to take the plunge. Looking forward to riding the Bandera trails - they seem plenty rowdy from the YouTube videos!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BRAZOS1845 said:

Just registered for the 30s division! Never raced Enduro before, but have always been curious. This event looks like too much fun to pass up. Thanks to Seth for giving me an excuse to take the plunge. Looking forward to riding the Bandera trails - they seem plenty rowdy from the YouTube videos!

yesss! awesome! its gonna be a blast I cant wait!

• 4 weeks later...

whats up everyone, bump to the top! 

lets get you guys and girls signed up! this will be a great event for both beginners and experienced riders. a new venue thats never been raced before. come enjoy the event with your friends and family!

large enough groups/teams registering at once can get possibly a discount (rebate) if you contact me to discuss beforehand! just communicate with me please.

how many people from Austinmountainbiking.com do we have signed up so far?

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 4.19.07 PM.png

Edited by Seths Pool
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Seths Pool said:

whats up everyone, bump to the top! 

lets get you guys and girls signed up! this will be a great event for both beginners and experienced riders. a new venue thats never been raced before. come enjoy the event with your friends and family!

large enough groups/teams registering at once can get possibly a discount (rebate) if you contact me to discuss beforehand! just communicate with me please.

how many people from Austinmountainbiking.com do we have signed up so far?

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 4.19.07 PM.png

Can I boondock my teardrop camper for the night out there? No electricity needed, just a spot to sleep. 

9 minutes ago, Seths Pool said:

absolutely. camping is welcomed!

Did you ever get the question answered about per person camping rates?

The website's info seems to only include pricing for groups of 4 and more:

"Get Ready To Conquer More Than A Mountain! $30/night for up to 4 people Groups larger than 4 an additional $10/person If you would like to book more than 3 nights please call to book"

This isn't all that clear on what it would cost for one person to camp Friday and Saturday nights and ride Saturday and Sunday.

Based upon the website, $30 is the price per night for camping (for 4) with no indication it would include riding / day use.

Would a Friday night arrival, leaving on Sunday for a camping/riding weekend for 1 person cost $92?  ($32 for two days riding plus $60 for two nights camping)

This seems a little steep compared to camping/riding rates at other "MTB Ranches" like Flat Rock, RHR, and Bluff Creek.

Thanks for any clarification on this that you might be able to provide.

15 minutes ago, Ridenfool said:

Did you ever get the question answered about per person camping rates?

The website's info seems to only include pricing for groups of 4 and more:

"Get Ready To Conquer More Than A Mountain! $30/night for up to 4 people Groups larger than 4 an additional $10/person If you would like to book more than 3 nights please call to book"

This isn't all that clear on what it would cost for one person to camp Friday and Saturday nights and ride Saturday and Sunday.

Based upon the website, $30 is the price per night for camping (for 4) with no indication it would include riding / day use.

Would a Friday night arrival, leaving on Sunday for a camping/riding weekend for 1 person cost $92?  ($32 for two days riding plus $60 for two nights camping)

This seems a little steep compared to camping/riding rates at other "MTB Ranches" like Flat Rock, RHR, and Bluff Creek.

Thanks for any clarification on this that you might be able to provide.

SPECIFICALLY FOR THE 11/16 BANDURO IN BANDERA EVENT WEEKEND: Dates 11/15-11/17. The *single* $10 per person land usage fee will include camping and entry all weekend long. Friday night, Saturday night, and day usage on Sunday. 

As far as all other NON-event weekends:

i will get back to you with an answer shortly. 

I’m a trail builder and event organizer. I’m trying to do everything I can for Bandera Bike Park but I’m not part of their website management. But based on that math you concluded from the website, I’m sure that’s wrong it can’t be priced that high. 

I’ll come back with an answer for you 

ridenfool: are you planning on participating in the Banduro event? 

26 minutes ago, Seths Pool said:

SPECIFICALLY FOR THE 11/16 BANDURO IN BANDERA EVENT WEEKEND: Dates 11/15-11/17. The *single* $10 per person land usage fee will include camping and entry all weekend long. Friday night, Saturday night, and day usage on Sunday. 

As far as all other NON-event weekends:

i will get back to you with an answer shortly. 

I’m a trail builder and event organizer. I’m trying to do everything I can for Bandera Bike Park but I’m not part of their website management. But based on that math you concluded from the website, I’m sure that’s wrong it can’t be priced that high. 

I’ll come back with an answer for you 

ridenfool: are you planning on participating in the Banduro event? 

My experience is when I have entered any "event" I tend to ride beyond my capabilities and end up bloody or broken. So, to avoid all that pain, "no" would be my answer. :classic_biggrin: The reason I asked is because the cost of camping there has been inquired about in other threads and when I saw camping mentioned here thought it might be a good idea to bring it up so folks could have the info to plan accordingly. My guess is that the website just needs some editing to show a single rate in addition to the discounted 4-person rate.

You have addressed the question for this event.

When I do get out to Bandera Bike Park it will most likely be a solo and overnight trip. If it were going to cost a C-note for a weekend of camping and riding, there would be a lot of other places I'll probably go to before heading out that way. It looks like a really fun place and it is far enough away for a lot of riders that having clear pricing for camping on the website might be something the owners could address if it might be discouraging any riders from making the trip.

Best wishes on your event, I know you have put a lot into both the venue and Victory Racing while getting ready for it. 👍

Edited by Ridenfool
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ridenfool said:

My experience is when I have entered any "event" I tend to ride beyond my capabilities and end up bloody or broken. So, to avoid all that pain, "no" would be my answer. :classic_biggrin: The reason I asked is because the cost of camping there has been inquired about in other threads and when I saw camping mentioned here thought it might be a good idea to bring it up so folks could have the info to plan accordingly. My guess is that the website just needs some editing to show a single rate in addition to the discounted 4-person rate.

You have addressed the question for this event.

When I do get out to Bandera Bike Park it will most likely be a solo and overnight trip. If it were going to cost a C-note for a weekend of camping and riding, there would be a lot of other places I'll probably go to before heading out that way. It looks like a really fun place and it is far enough away for a lot of riders that having clear pricing for camping on the website might be something the owners could address if it might be discouraging any riders from making the trip.

Best wishes on your event, I know you have put a lot into both the venue and Victory Racing while getting ready for it. 👍

no worries! im happy to answer any questions that I can about normal BBP usage or anything related to the event itself or that weekend!

and I agree with your concerns bout pricing and the website.

thanks for bringing to my attention 🙂

58 minutes ago, TheX said:

Is this a rain or shine event?

YES SIR RAAAIN OR SHIIIIIINEEEEE