IGNORED

Banduro in Bandera - 11/16/19 - Registration is open!

2 hours ago, BRAZOS1845 said:

Should I buy a full face helmet for this race? Curious how others plan to equip themselves.

You should be fine with a half shell helmet, but we always recommend adequate protection! If you plan on doing more events, and maybe park or gravity riding in the future, maybe consider a giro switchblade or something. They are great helmets 

• Thanks 1

PSA: Bandera Bike Park now has an improved shuttle system! 

Before it was a small 4x4 deisel mule utility vehicle, and is now a 4x4 F150 with better rider & bike capacity per shuttle run. 

In addition to that, the shuttle system is being further improved by an additional shuttle truck coming soon (getting brand new motor). Once that happens, BBP will have the fastest lift assist system in the state and dual shuttle trucks for when rider capacity warrants it.

***Racers at Banduro on 11/16 will have the option of signing up for shuttle service on Friday practice - ONLY 50 SPOTS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE***

Practice shuttle service will be added to the bikereg registration page. These spots will be limited in number so sign up for shuttle service before they run out if you want to maximize your practice runs the day before the race.

*Everyone - Make sure to register for your race class also in addition to the optional practice shuttle service! The shuttle service registration and race registrations are separate.*

Bikereg.com/Banduro

Two weeks away! Banduro in Bandera on 11/16. 

Yeeehaw let’s do this!

Signed up for the old man class.  This will be my first enduro so I'm sure I'll be slow also a bit nervous about the technical features. I ride 1/4 notch, DD, Snail weekly and have hit pretty much everything on Spider and at Keystone so hopefully I'll be fine.  Looking forward to meeting everyone. I'll be camping Friday (silver MDX) .

8 minutes ago, Txduc said:

Signed up for the old man class.  This will be my first enduro so I'm sure I'll be slow also a bit nervous about the technical features. I ride 1/4 notch, DD, Snail weekly and have hit pretty much everything on Spider and at Keystone so hopefully I'll be fine.  Looking forward to meeting everyone. I'll be camping Friday (silver MDX) .

You're light years beyond where I'm at. I'm signed up for beginner. The only expectation I have is having a good time. I have too many lingering injuries to expect any miracles...but I'll be there Frida and Saturday. White F-150 with a shell.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheX said:

You're light years beyond where I'm at. I'm signed up for beginner. The only expectation I have is having a good time. I have too many lingering injuries to expect any miracles...but I'll be there Frida and Saturday. White F-150 with a shell.

Thanks  just looking forward to having some fun as I already have too much hardware. I'm sure it's a matter of not being familiar with the trails.

Maybe someone that has been there will chime in but.  The parks website says..."Every campsite has access to a BBQ pit.  Shared Fire pits are available during certain times of the year"  So looks like they have them but not really clear how many and how close.  Looking at the satellite view I didn't see any so that's not much help either.

15 hours ago, Txduc said:

Maybe someone that has been there will chime in but.  The parks website says..."Every campsite has access to a BBQ pit.  Shared Fire pits are available during certain times of the year"  So looks like they have them but not really clear how many and how close.  Looking at the satellite view I didn't see any so that's not much help either.

I built all the trails there but always van camp anytime im there on top of the ridge line. im not familiar with their claim of access to fire pits at the camp sites.

we should have a bon fire though, and the burn ban is currently inactive so groups camping making a fire pit I dont believe should be an issue.

dogs are allowed but need to be on leash, well behaved, and kept in your camping area

• Like 1

Great race and event @Seths Pool!  

Wish I could have done the last stage.  I was the guy who came up a hair short on the road gap on 8 Seconds and washed out on landing.  Got back to Austin and breathing was still hard AF so I got checked out and it turns out I have a broken lower right rib! First race, first rib break. I’ll be back to get the landing right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ErikTheRed said:

Great race and event @Seths Pool!  

Wish I could have done the last stage.  I was the guy who came up a hair short on the road gap on 8 Seconds and washed out on landing.  Got back to Austin and breathing was still hard AF so I got checked out and it turns out I have a broken lower right rib! First race, first rib break. I’ll be back to get the landing right. 

Bummer about the rib man! I was the chucklehead that was riding with you in all the stages.

Thanks @Seths Pool for a great event 

• Thanks 1