Jump to content
Seths Pool

Banduro in Bandera - 11/16/19 - Registration is open!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, BRAZOS1845 said:

Should I buy a full face helmet for this race? Curious how others plan to equip themselves.

You should be fine with a half shell helmet, but we always recommend adequate protection! If you plan on doing more events, and maybe park or gravity riding in the future, maybe consider a giro switchblade or something. They are great helmets 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PSA: Bandera Bike Park now has an improved shuttle system! 

Before it was a small 4x4 deisel mule utility vehicle, and is now a 4x4 F150 with better rider & bike capacity per shuttle run. 

In addition to that, the shuttle system is being further improved by an additional shuttle truck coming soon (getting brand new motor). Once that happens, BBP will have the fastest lift assist system in the state and dual shuttle trucks for when rider capacity warrants it.

***Racers at Banduro on 11/16 will have the option of signing up for shuttle service on Friday practice - ONLY 50 SPOTS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE***

Practice shuttle service will be added to the bikereg registration page. These spots will be limited in number so sign up for shuttle service before they run out if you want to maximize your practice runs the day before the race.

*Everyone - Make sure to register for your race class also in addition to the optional practice shuttle service! The shuttle service registration and race registrations are separate.*

Bikereg.com/Banduro

Two weeks away! Banduro in Bandera on 11/16. 

Yeeehaw let’s do this!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Signed up for the old man class.  This will be my first enduro so I'm sure I'll be slow also a bit nervous about the technical features. I ride 1/4 notch, DD, Snail weekly and have hit pretty much everything on Spider and at Keystone so hopefully I'll be fine.  Looking forward to meeting everyone. I'll be camping Friday (silver MDX) .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Txduc said:

Signed up for the old man class.  This will be my first enduro so I'm sure I'll be slow also a bit nervous about the technical features. I ride 1/4 notch, DD, Snail weekly and have hit pretty much everything on Spider and at Keystone so hopefully I'll be fine.  Looking forward to meeting everyone. I'll be camping Friday (silver MDX) .

You're light years beyond where I'm at. I'm signed up for beginner. The only expectation I have is having a good time. I have too many lingering injuries to expect any miracles...but I'll be there Frida and Saturday. White F-150 with a shell.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TheX said:

You're light years beyond where I'm at. I'm signed up for beginner. The only expectation I have is having a good time. I have too many lingering injuries to expect any miracles...but I'll be there Frida and Saturday. White F-150 with a shell.

Thanks  just looking forward to having some fun as I already have too much hardware. I'm sure it's a matter of not being familiar with the trails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seth's Revenge and Widomaker are awesome.

He has dont some great work out there and real beautiful setting. If you are nervous about jumps.. they are all rideable or you can bypass easily. Eat your Wheaties

 

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe someone that has been there will chime in but.  The parks website says..."Every campsite has access to a BBQ pit.  Shared Fire pits are available during certain times of the year"  So looks like they have them but not really clear how many and how close.  Looking at the satellite view I didn't see any so that's not much help either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheX said:

Gonna be 34 Friday night, gonna be a bit chilly!

Stop it I'm trying to not think about how bad getting out of the sleeping bag is going to suck Saturday morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Txduc said:

Stop it I'm trying to not think about how bad getting out of the sleeping bag is going to suck Saturday morning.

I have to make sure I don't have to get up to pee in the middle of the night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Txduc said:

Maybe someone that has been there will chime in but.  The parks website says..."Every campsite has access to a BBQ pit.  Shared Fire pits are available during certain times of the year"  So looks like they have them but not really clear how many and how close.  Looking at the satellite view I didn't see any so that's not much help either.

I built all the trails there but always van camp anytime im there on top of the ridge line. im not familiar with their claim of access to fire pits at the camp sites.

we should have a bon fire though, and the burn ban is currently inactive so groups camping making a fire pit I dont believe should be an issue.

dogs are allowed but need to be on leash, well behaved, and kept in your camping area

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was waffling on shuttling Friday but havent ridden much due to life things and broken bike parts.. so glad there was a shuttle opening for me. Can't wait to get out there!

 

How early can we be out there to setup and ride?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap, finished it. Seth throws a hell of a party. Even the climbs kicked ass...or kicked my ass...probably both.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, for anyone that was there, I was the guy in the zebra striped pants.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great race and event @Seths Pool!  
 

Wish I could have done the last stage.  I was the guy who came up a hair short on the road gap on 8 Seconds and washed out on landing.  Got back to Austin and breathing was still hard AF so I got checked out and it turns out I have a broken lower right rib! First race, first rib break. I’ll be back to get the landing right. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ErikTheRed said:

Great race and event @Seths Pool!  
 

Wish I could have done the last stage.  I was the guy who came up a hair short on the road gap on 8 Seconds and washed out on landing.  Got back to Austin and breathing was still hard AF so I got checked out and it turns out I have a broken lower right rib! First race, first rib break. I’ll be back to get the landing right. 

Bummer about the rib man! I was the chucklehead that was riding with you in all the stages.

 

Thanks @Seths Pool for a great event 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang, sorry to hear about the rib injury! 
 

Does anyone have access to the final results? I had to leave early before they were posted. What a fun event. I’m hooked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...