IGNORED

Need chain guide

RidingAgain

Finishing a build for someone and need a chain guide. She's on a budget so I've used what older parts I could get my hands on... It's for a 1/9 drive... Not a narrow/wide ring, or a clutch derailleur... Chain shifts fine until you try a multiple cog shift to the highest gear, then it drops. I've used a front derailleur as a chain guide hack,and it works as the chain doesn't drop, but it looks kind of funky, so looking for a better looking solution. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

weird coincidence- I was rummaging around Yellow Bike and they had a box of various chain guides in there. the box was on the top shelf above the chainrings. I can't guarantee you'll find one that will work in there, but it's worth a shot.

are you at least using a single-specific chainring? if not, a chainring that was designed to shift is going to be an endless source of frustration. a single ring is a pretty cheap item, so she might need to break down and purchase one.

• Like 1