IGNORED

Root Drop "Cheater Rock" Missing

Hi All,

Rode Walnut Creek for the first time in about 3 weeks this weekend and noticed a change on the new-and-improved-and-less-likely-to-result-in-a-faceplant Root Drop.  On the left-hand line, on about the second step down, there used to be a big rock just sort of sitting there, which made riding that line a little easier.  The rock is now gone.  Fine by me and all; I just wondered if anyone else had noticed.  It made me wonder if that rock had been sort of like "training wheels" for the rebuilt feature (i.e. put there on purpose by the work crew) or if it had been placed there in an unsanctioned fashion by some random person.

Either way, I'm glad I dismounted and had a look before attempting it this weekend.  If I had gone over and not seen that big rock there like I expected it to be, I probably would have panic'd and gone OTB.  As it was I had to re-psych myself up attempt it, but after a few minutes I gave it a try and made it.  I'm sure glad Root Drop is back.

-cls

• Like 2

Worse fall I've taken on a trail...

Loose rock just over the crest of a small ten foot mound. This was my local trail and had ridden it a hundred time... This time as I came over the crest my front wheel hit a rock that had become loose and it caused and my wheel to take an instant right turn. Over the bars I went... 6' 4" of human flying through the air. Would have been fine in the landing, except for the one tree at the bottom that I shoulder tackled. And the 8" wide trunk did not even wince. And to make matters worse... It was a late ride in the park so I was thinking, "Oh crap, nobody is around to help."

Anywho, I lay there waiting for the pain, which thankfully didn't come as bad as I was expecting. I managed to pull my bike to me and use it to get myself standing and out to the parking lot. And just as I walked out of the trail the last car was leaving. The driver saw me and stopped, helping me get my bike on the rack. And although it was a stick shift I was able to drive myself to the hospital.

Whoa... Nothing broken or even dislocated. Unbelievable, given what had happened. I'll take it though... And the clunk sound my shoulder has made ever since when I lift it.

Loose tongues sink ships... Loose rocks flip riders off bikes.

Edited by RidingAgain