IGNORED

Anybody been to Pederanales Falls Lately?

On 7/27/2019 at 1:33 AM, cxagent said:

I rode the Madrone / Juniper Ridge loop today. I cleared several "bad spots". Two were truly downed trees across the trail. Several others were face slappers that had grown into the trail. If I could ride under or around it while staying on the trail, I left it.

I will get back out to clear the rest of Juniper Ridge next week.

It will be a few weeks before I can finish clearing the trail. The majority is cleared but the "ends" of Juniper Ridge have not been checked.

Your understanding is appreciated.

Edited by cxagent
Typos

Maybe I am biased but everyone should ride every trail. Not doing so is like those bonewipes go to dinner with and look at a menu and say "oh, I can't eat this and I only eat that." Or the people that go to Spain and seek out a McDonald's. Ride every trail just like you should try every cuisine. I'm headed to have Nepalese food in an hour. Expand your tastes, try new things.

Pedernales is a great trail and people should ride there. The worst possible outcome of riding there is "eh, it's not for me..." But you got out. You rode a trail. You experienced something beyond the keyboard. And maybe you learned something. Some rides are better than others, but I have never had a bad ride in my life, just a few trails that I will never ride again.

• Like 2

I agree that people should try different things. But after they have ridden a trail, I think they should make their own decision if the want to ride it again.

I find that a trail I may not like today is epic another day. A lot of that depends on what condition I am in. Right now I think Walnut may be too challenging for me. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Maybe I am biased but everyone should ride every trail. Not doing so is like those bonewipes go to dinner with and look at a menu and say "oh, I can't eat this and I only eat that." Or the people that go to Spain and seek out a McDonald's. Ride every trail just like you should try every cuisine. I'm headed to have Nepalese food in an hour. Expand your tastes, try new things.

Pedernales is a great trail and people should ride there. The worst possible outcome of riding there is "eh, it's not for me..." But you got out. You rode a trail. You experienced something beyond the keyboard. And maybe you learned something. Some rides are better than others, but I have never had a bad ride in my life, just a few trails that I will never ride again.

Pedernales is cool as you can go wash your misery away in the falls. Agree on food 100%

In the end, most all the trails here look the exact same. Pedernales is just a longer version of purgatory in san marcos. There are better alternatives in hays county