IGNORED

Any trails rideable this weekend?

crankin

Bluff Creek Ranch might be dry. I was watching the weather radar off and on today and it seemed like they didn't get much, if any rain today. Will call in the morning to verify.

Saturday Morning: Their website's latest update indicates dry trails.

Edited by Ridenfool

13 hours ago, Albert said:

That's where I and some others are going tomorrow morning.  Forecast isn't great, though, so will have to play it by ear.

Will be interested to get a report back on your ride today. I started checking the radar this morning to see if driving out there would be worthwhile. Riding in wet conditions out there is fine, but I just didn't want to risk driving out there only to get drenched while out on the trails. Looks like some storm systems are definitely moving through there today. 

Didn't end up riding RPR today, the weather forecast looked too sketchy at 6am.  Ended up riding something closer to 360 instead.  🙂  Rocks and (especially) roots were a bit slick, but still a good ride.  Was quite humid, and I was certainly drenched head to toe by the timeI got back to the car.  Also managed to do this, which explains why I was getting rocks in my shoe during the ride!  

image.thumb.png.b306ea2d301d8aeab8988b2d585c654f.png

• Like 1

I haven't been on a bike in almost 2 weeks, and things aren't looking great for this weekend either. Just learned from a post on another thread that RPR is closed to the public this weekend, which I confirmed on their website. Although the rains have subsided some, it seems we're getting just enough every day to keep things really wet. In the 4 years I've been riding trails in Austin, I don't recall ever seeing such a lengthy period of wetness like this.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, throet said:

I haven't been on a bike in almost 2 weeks, and things aren't looking great for this weekend either. Just learned from a post on another thread that RPR is closed to the public this weekend, which I confirmed on their website. Although the rains have subsided some, it seems we're getting just enough every day to keep things really wet. In the 4 years I've been riding trails in Austin, I don't recall ever seeing such a lengthy period of wetness like this.  

Same here. Going nuts not riding. Fortunately I have a couple wheels to build to help stay sane.

1 hour ago, Browndog said:

All I did is order a bike. It won’t even be here for three more weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was likely a combination of a number of folks' purchases. AB's upgrade, my Juan El Eban conversion, several people with new bikes.

It might be cumulative.

Which kinda makes me wonder what people were buying in the Carolinas?

Edited by Ridenfool

4 hours ago, throet said:

Dang! RPR was my last hope for this weekend! Thanks for the update at least.

1 hour ago, Bamwa said:

Two the interracial kitted up brodudes heading to Walnut yesterday on Parkfield...........too wet. you suck.  Same for you guy in black pickup headed to the nut from Lamar and Breaker around 4:00. Busted. I saw your ass too.

I passed through Walnut but only on the hike and bike path. Went south on Parkfield from there and did a loop through town. Maybe they were mtb'ers riding some urban?

While riding urban on City Park Road, I got passed by someone with a Commencal on their rack, completely covered in mud, and several guys with trials motorcycles also covered in mud.  I figured if there's one trail they're doing to do that in, that's the one...but I wondered about how scary it would be.