IGNORED

Any trails rideable this weekend?

crankin

22 hours ago, Ridenfool said:

Spying on a weather station near Pedernales Falls it looks like they got four tenths of an inch early in the morning yesterday and a total for the past week of just shy of an inch.

I think I'll give it a whirl on Monday.

Would appreciate getting a ride report on your experience out there if you go today. It was misting this morning here in Cedar Park and I don't really expect anything to dry out before we get more rain on Wed. If Pedernales or FCC looks good, I may head out there tomorrow. 

Pedernales Falls trail surface was dry. No standing water, you could tell it had been wet, but just enough left to keep the dust down. Madrone was a little tacky, but the tires were clean when I got back to the car.

On the way, it misted on me through Austin and cleared up once I was past Dripping Springs. Didn't see any precip while there.

Edited by Ridenfool
  • Like 2

It's finally cooler and the trails are too wet to ride. Time to put in some much needed maintenance into the trails. Damp soils mean good conditions for pulling out invasive trees and shaping dirt for both good trail drainage and some nice smooth berms. Stay tuned to The Austin Ridge Riders Mountain Bike Club for many opportunities to give the trails some love 1f618.png  

😘  

• Like 1

• 2 years later...