IGNORED

Carnage

Newish bike is finally finished. After replacing frame through Intense and Rims through DT Swiss, adding a new Fox 34 Grip2 Factory fork, and a few other bits, my replacement parts came in a little over $3K. A lot of money for sure, but I think replacing the frame and rims through the manufacturer was a good move since there is no sales tax on accident replacement parts, and a similar build on a new bike would probably be $6K plus tax. Besides, I've always loved my Primer! Huge props to @Chief for his expert build work! 

New Parts:

2018 Primer SL monocoque UD carbon front and rear triangle assembled with original carbon upper link (new bearings), i-BOX lower pivot (new bearings), titanium frame hardware

Invisiframe Custom Fit frame clear, glossy frame wrap

DT Swiss XMC 1200 Spline Rims (30mm internal) laced to original DT Swiss 240s Boost Hubs

Shimano XT RT-MT800 Centerlock Brake Rotors - 180mm front / 160mm rear

Continental Trail King Shieldwall 29x2.4" front tire, Continental Mountain King Shieldwall 29x2.3" rear tire

Rimpact tire inserts

2020 Fox Factory Float 140mm Grip2 Boost Fork - 44mm offset

RaceFace Turbine 50mm Stem with 35mm Clamp

Renthal Fatbar Lite Carbon Bar - 760mm with 20mm rise and 7 degree backsweep

Transferred Parts:

Fox Factory Float SV EVOL, 200mm X 50mm Shock

Shimano XTR Brakes

SRAM XX1 11-spd Shifters and Derailleur

SRAM X01 11-spd Cassette

RaceFace Next SL Cranks, RaceFace BB, MRP 30t chainring

SDG Bel-Air 3.0 Black Microfiber Saddle w/ Orange Base

Ergon GE1 EVO Factory Grips

Spank Spike Flat Pedals

image.thumb.png.e90d3601c2950d2a8fda6c1704cd250a.png

image.thumb.png.89bcdcacade16fb1639be8f5651cfed4.png

Edited by throet
  • Like 6

Good move on transferring your XX1.  My test ride came with XTR pie plate sized cassette and I didn’t use the lower 3 gears and was wishing for smaller steps between the top gears.  If I get a new bike and it comes with 12 spd I’m putting my old xx1 11spd on there. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, WayneBT said:

Just switched to Cont Trail Kings myself seeing that Maxxis tires are close to $85 a piece right now. 

This is my second time running the Conti Shieldwalls, and I really liked the TrailKing 2.4 front and back first time around. Decided to put the slightly narrower MountainKing on the back this time, mostly just because I was having trouble finding the TrailKings. It used to be easier to find premium tires at heavily discounted prices. Like you I just can't see paying $85 for an MTB tire, and these budget tires from Conti are less than half of that. 

• Like 1