IGNORED

Forum suggestions

olddbrider

3 hours ago, csmceuen said:

It would be nice to still have the stickied threads at the top as well as having some sort of for sale thread for parts and possibly a separate one for bikes similar to mojo.

I'd be glad to sticky any important threads.  I have created separate forums for selling bikes as well as bike parts: 

Bikes for Sale
Bike Components

..Al

3 hours ago, Ridenfool said:

Can we have edit privileges on our contributions?

Edit: I guess we can, just not on every one for some reason. Is there a time limit that can be adjusted out, to, like, forever or something?

Edit: Looks like Spicewookie is a Moderator over here and can edit my posts and make me look really smart or......

The default edit window was only five minutes.  I've changed this to 24 hours.  If you need to edit a post beyond that, please let me know and I'll help you.  

..Al

If we are making suggestions for header photos, can I offer this up?  We did a TF photo shoot about 10 yrs ago and wanted to capture something 'essentially Austin' and this was one of the shots.  IMHO what it captures is pretty iconic to ATX riding.

far wheelie.jpg

Edited by CBaron
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Albert said:

You should be able to click the small icon to the left of the thread title. That will take you to the first unread post. I'll double check when I get home. Currently riding SATN. 😄

Yep that works. You can also click on the timestamp showing the last post, and it will take you to the end of the thread. Within the threads I noticed there is a bookmark showing you where the unread posts begin. All very nice features. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CBaron said:

If we are making suggestions for header photos, can I offer this up?  We did a TF photo shoot about 10 yrs ago and wanted to capture something 'essentially Austin' and this was one of the shots.  IMHO what it captures is pretty iconic to ATX riding.

That's one of my favorite spots on BCGB, can't tell you how many photos I've taken there.  And this one is an action shot, so even better.  I'll see how it looks in the header, thanks for sharing it!

..Al

1 hour ago, throet said:

Yep that works. You can also click on the timestamp showing the last post, and it will take you to the end of the thread. Within the threads I noticed there is a bookmark showing you where the unread posts begin. All very nice features. 

Yeah, I like how it delineates where the new posts start, that's nice. 

8 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

For forum headers with unread posts, is it possible to change the font color rather than just bold?  Or is there another degree of boldness?  I'm using the dark theme.

I see what you mean, it is tough to see the difference between the two with the dark theme.  I can certainly make the difference more obvious, probably by altering the color.  I will play with that a bit.  Also, the icon to the left of each thread is different if there are unread posts, so that's another visual cue you can use.  

1 hour ago, The Tip said:

I can't find a "Preview Post" button. That is always helpful to me when I'm posting a picture or a link to see if it works.

Never mind, I found it. It's on the tool bar next to "size."

Interestingly, this forum software initially did not have a Preview button, as they felt the editor properly represented the post and there was no need for a preview.  This didn't go over very well with many forum owners, as there were use cases requiring the Preview button.  They ultimately relented and added the Preview button you discovered.  However, I don't like its location as it's non-obvious and can only be discovered by hovering your mouse over the icons in the editor toolbar.  I do like how they allow you to see how the post will look on mobile devices and tablets as well. 

I plan on adding a regular "Preview" button next to the "Reply" button, as I'm sure I'm going to get asked repeatedly where it is.  😄

..Al