IGNORED

Strava experts?

Does anyone know how to get invalid segment times removed from Strava leader boards?

There is a new single track segment that is close to a road. Three old times from old road rides, the top three, are showing up on the newly created segment. It is interesting that only three times are because I'm sure that the road segment has over a thousand times on it.

This is of course a first world problem but it would be nice to get that new segment cleaned up. Those three riders didn't do anything wrong. They didn't cheat to get those times. It's just a glitch.

I posted about a similar problem a while back. I was looking at the Spyglass entrance of the BCGB and saw that someone had averaged >50 miles per hour up that trail. Wait a minute!!!! I don't believe somebody did that in a race car, much less on a bike. Then you look at the track and find that they DROVE by the trail on Spyglass with their GPS on. Strava gave them credit for that speed on the trail even though their track was perpendicular to the trail.

Repeat after me - 

ALL HAIL STRAVA!!!

STRAVA!

STRAVA!

The new segment is exactly one mile long. 

The strange thing is, and why there might be a way to remove the three wrong rides, is that only those three rides are being picked up. It would make sense if all 1500 of the rides were. Then it would be easy to say, "oops, the single track is too close to the road, and it won't be unique enough." But just those three. And I don't think those three times are super fast for that road segment. Pretty sure they are not in that segments top three. And they are all old times. One from 2011 for example.

Edited by The Tip

7 minutes ago, radiantm3 said:

Ive driven home a few times forgetting to end my Strava session and got a few KOM’s in my car. Spent 5 minutes trying to figure out how to remove those segments and didn’t seem possible so I just let it be. 

There's an option to crop your ride. Click on the wrench, then crop.

Edited by schoolie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, radiantm3 said:

Well just looked everywhere and no wrench for me. Maybe you need to be a paid member or something. 

Ah, my bad. It's not a wrench, it's three dots, and only in the web version, not mobileScreenshot_20190801-210048.thumb.png.71af53bc0c45821ae01f4da4792eac65.png:

Edited by schoolie
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, radiantm3 said:

Ive driven home a few times forgetting to end my Strava session and got a few KOM’s in my car. Spent 5 minutes trying to figure out how to remove those segments and didn’t seem possible so I just let it be. 

Usually your ride will get flagged pretty quickly when that happens, since whoever you beat on the KOM will get an email notification that they've been beat.

• 2 weeks later...