IGNORED

MTB in Fredericksburg?

Hill Top Resort has a 12 mile loop just outside of Fredericksburg. You can find it on TrailForks. But I know absolutely nothing about it, nor their hours & pricing. I know they do a race there, but I can't find contact info for the place. There is a bike shop in town, so presumably they know what's up with Hill Top--may be worth a call. 

But none of that matters since Fredericksburg is only about 30 minutes from Flat Rock Ranch. 

21 minutes ago, hurronnicane said:

In the mid 80s I ran into a couple of dudes at Lost Maples State Park where they were riding.  The day before they said they had ridden Enchanted Rock.   They claimed to have ridden to the top.  

Though it might be some good slickrock riding ...

From their website:

"You can hike, backpack, camp, rock climb, picnic, bird, study nature, geocache and stargaze.  (You cannot swim here or ride bikes on the trails.) "

Yep, no riding at Lost Maples except on the paved sections.   I can see why on some of the trails.  Lots of pedestrian traffic and some super nasty sections that wouldn't be rideable for 95% of the population. 

Hill Top Trails are only open certain days in Fredericksburg.  They have Sunday and Monday rides.

Here's the most recent posts on the Hill Top Trails FB group.  I think they do these every weekend.

Ride Sunday, 7/28. Gate open 10:00. Group ride 10:30 or ride on your own. Gate closes 1:00. There's not an access charge.

Monday evening ride 7/29. Gate open at 6:00. Group ride 6:30. Ride with the group or on your own, There no charge for the ride. If you would like to bring something to grill, we can fire up the grill.

On 8/2/2019 at 9:56 AM, Barry said:

Hill Top Resort has a 12 mile loop just outside of Fredericksburg. You can find it on TrailForks. But I know absolutely nothing about it, nor their hours & pricing. I know they do a race there, but I can't find contact info for the place. There is a bike shop in town, so presumably they know what's up with Hill Top--may be worth a call.

I did the TMBRA marathon in the SS class back in 2018. Decent elevation and you can carry some SS speed, but it doesn't in any way compare to Comfort. Three laps will take it out of you though.

Open during selected times I believe:

https://www.tmbra.org/board/viewtopic.php?t=14192

Edited by AlienSP