IGNORED

Chamois-related

First off, I don't wear baggies, lycra only; baggies are too hot in the summer and double the amount of laundry to wash. I had standardized on Pearl Izumi attack shorts, which had a chamois like the one on the top below. VERY comfortable. Recently they switched to the style on the bottom. Instead of a smooth chamois they now have some kind of quilted surface and it chafes. After yesterday's ride my ass was sore. So bad that I am not even going to ride today - an indication of how annoyed I am.

Anyway, looks like I need to find new shorts. The Performance Bike men's short (~$60) has the old style chamois, but it is wider. They are better than the newer Pearl Izumi, but not as comfortable, it would be a better alternative, but I started wondering about other brands.

Does Anyone have any experience with Louis Garneau shorts? Or are there other brands that you recommend? Done with PI for now unless they change their design back. 

medias.png

206077_01_d.jpg

Edited by AustinBike

Did you get top and bottom switched on the pics/description?  You like the non-quilted right?

My favorite shorts were Louis Garneau mostly because I tolerated the chamois but the fit was perfect.  Long torso and short legs with big quads make for bad fit on a lot of brands.  They also stitch the chamois so it doesn’t de-bond after a few washes.  I am currently using the last of the life of my old LG and trying out new Specialized BG bibs which I don’t like as much.  I’m also looking for something that is smooth and thin like my old bike Nashbar shorts.

I’ll check out Voler.  I think the 2010 EB kit is from there and I like it.  But I’ll still keep looking for something closer to an old school chamois.

I used voler bibs for 10 years or so. Usually pretty good quality but you have to watch for their sales.

Bought some MTB specific bibs from pactimo a few months ago. Pad is very nice. Front of thigh is fairly sheer since they’re designed to use with outer shorts, but ultra comfy alone for this weather. just wish they had put the pockets in the bibs a bit lower. Bum shoulder doesn’t let my left arm reach that high easily. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate PI.

I have good luck with the Castelli, though they have a bunch of tiny aerated holes, it doesn’t bother me.

My GOTO is the standard Chamois in the Giordana bibs. That’s my all day, bib. Almost anything else and I am destined to have a saddle sore after riding two hours+. It feels big when you put it on, but it protects from all of the hot spots and feels great in the saddle.

Mellow johnnies has most of their bibs made by them now, though a few are PI. You can also search online for closeouts.

Specialized RBX Is an instant saddle sore for me.

My one Voler is good, but not as amazing as my giordana. I’ve done my 40+ miles rides to ride walnut Creek MTB trails in it with no issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I gotta say the MJ bibs are my go to. Quality chamois and pretty light in this hell heat. I'm on my 4th pair. Nothing easy about riding in this heat and I cant ride with baggies in the summer either. Also big fan of Budrows Butt Butter when you get the swampass.

b

• Like 1