IGNORED

Foot Numbness

3 hours ago, Chief said:

If these are shoes and pedals that you have been using without any issues and now have issues it could be a long term overuse/fit issue that is now just showing itself. Like what Throet said try using some flats and see if the problem recedes if so then you know it's most likely shoes. Also shoes will start to break down over time and need to be replaced. I had a pair of road shoes that I had a similar issue with they were fine until one day I started getting hot spots on the ball of my foot, turns out I drove the cleat bolts up through the foot bed of the shoe and these were not cheap shoes $300 Time carbon shoes.

+1

I've had ruined shoes because of the sole deforming with heat.  I have been told not to keep them in my car, but I still often do.  My S-Works shoes seem to be lasting a lot longer without this issue compared to my cheaper PI which got very deformed.  You could feel the bump from the cleat mount on the inside.

• Like 1

I have a pair of Pearl Izumi X Alp Summits that are really comfortable that I use for my gravel bike. At $140 direct from Pearl Izumi not too bad on price. They also have a nice grippy Vibram sole on them for the occasional hike a bike.😉

https://www.pearlizumi.com/US/en/shop/men/cycling-shoes/mountain/mens_x-alp_summit/p/15101809

Edited by Chief
  • Like 1