IGNORED

2018 Enchilada Buffet pre-rides

TAF

Starting a new topic for EB pre-rides. Cody will likely lead Thumper pre-rides, and anyone who wants to lead (or request) others can post up here. We will be marking the turns in the Green Belt with yellow bio-degradable tape as soon as it's dry enough to do so. Some tape is already up.

- Tony

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Albert said:

Of all the trails, Thumper is the one where pre-rides would help me the most as I'm the least familiar with that trail.  Will the Green Belt route be described anywhere so we don't have to depend on tape that could get taken down? 

There's a gpx of last year's route available. Not everyone uses the same names, so I may well get corrected on this, but the current route is Main Trail, turn right up Rudy's, left down Wall (?), back to Main Trail, cross the creek at Roots (?), climb EZ Up to the gravel pit, down Jedi (?) and Mulch Hill to the dam, climb out at the HoL. Not sure what happens if the creek is too high to cross - maybe someone can post up with a simple re-route option - perhaps involving the new concrete path, if needed?

• 4 weeks later...

Sunday Oct 7th.  Wheels down 8am.  Start at Walnut Creek pool parking lot.  Ride to City Park.  Complete 1 lap.  Ride back to Walnut.  Complete 1 lap.  Be prepared to ride for around 5 hours and climb / walk all four major road hills on the EB route.  I don't have a GPS file.  I don't know my average speed.  I will not try do drop anyone, but I'm not a babysitter.  Post up if you plan to attend.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, knifezilla said:

Sunday Oct 7th.  Wheels down 8am.  Start at Walnut Creek pool parking lot.  Ride to City Park.  Complete 1 lap.  Ride back to Walnut.  Complete 1 lap.  Be prepared to ride for around 5 hours and climb / walk all four major road hills on the EB route.  I don't have a GPS file.  I don't know my average speed.  I will not try do drop anyone, but I'm not a babysitter.  Post up if you plan to attend.

I'll join. I've been doing veggie EB rides the last several weekends -- looking forward to adding some trail time. 

I've been nursing back issues for about 3 weeks now.  But I just got back this evening from 3 days of riding in Bentonville and looks like I'm back on the mend!  I need to get into work tomorrow and check my calendar but I'm CONSIDERING a Thumper Thurs ride this week.  If that doesn't work (and maybe even if it does), I may be able to pull off another Thumper pre-ride this coming weekend too.  If I can do a weekend ride, it will be either Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon.  I'm just putting all this out there so people can start to get a picture for what may transpire...

Later,  -CJB

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CBaron said:

I've been nursing back issues for about 3 weeks now.  But I just got back this evening from 3 days of riding in Bentonville and looks like I'm back on the mend!  I need to get into work tomorrow and check my calendar but I'm CONSIDERING a Thumper Thurs ride this week.  If that doesn't work (and maybe even if it does), I may be able to pull off another Thumper pre-ride this coming weekend too.  If I can do a weekend ride, it will be either Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon.  I'm just putting all this out there so people can start to get a picture for what may transpire... 

Later,  -CJB

Don't think you're hitting thumper this week!

Thanks Brian, I ended up having a pretty good day.  I rode more in my 3 days in Bentonville, than in the entire previous 3 weeks leading up to the event.  I had even contacted the race director about moving my entry fee to next years race.  But everything came out better than anticipated.  

-CJB

• Like 2

On 10/7/2018 at 10:22 PM, CBaron said:

Later,  -CJB

Well, I don't think it wills uprise anyone that we won't be pulling of a Thumper Thursday ride tomorrow.  But I just needed to come here and state it.

That said, I've also recently discovered that I will be spending the entire day Saturday in San Antonio.  Thus, a Thumper EB Pre-ride will need to take place on Sunday.  Please stay tuned for the ride call details. (it will likely be afternoon, but I'm going to see if I could pull of AM instead)  Post up if it matter to you.

Thanks -CJB

I definitely like to perform my Sunday religious observance of sleeping late, so afternoon works great for me. 

Edit...although Austin is currently looking like 60% chance of rain for the weekend, so that's not great. Oddly Houston looks good this weekend, so that may be where I get my rides in. 

Edited by Barry
  • Like 1

To keep this thread updated...

I learned last night that we've got a kid's swim meet on Sunday morning, so Sunday afternoon will be the Thumper pre-ride.  I'm still working out the details of start time and such.  But, I'd like to target 3-4pm'ish.  Due to the late afternoon start I think we'd leave from somewhere up on Jollyville (thus avoiding Spcwd Sprngs) and I'm unsure about St Ed's.  I'd like to, but I also want us to be safe.  Stay tuned, but tomorrow afternoon I'll have the details laid out in its own thread.

Thanks, -CJB

• 3 weeks later...

Sunday, Nov 4th.  Test your fitness and resolve with an EB pre-ride.  Wheels down 8am.  Start at Walnut Creek pool parking lot.  Ride to City Park.  Complete 1 lap.  Ride back to Walnut.  Complete 1 lap.  Be prepared to ride for around 5 to 6 hours and climb / walk all four major road hills on the EB route.  I don't have a GPS file.  I don't know my average speed.  I will not try do drop anyone, but I'm not a babysitter.  Post up if you plan to attend.

It really did. It woke me up and continued for about 2 hours. Unfortunately I've had my fill of not riding singletrack the last couple of days.

Were we the only two planning to do this ride? I think instead I'm going to head out to Pedernales for a good long ride on dirt and rocks. It looks like they missed most of the rain last night.

Impromptu for sure, but you're welcome to join me if you'd like. I could pick you up at 8 at WC.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk